(6) Happy Little Pill

My Happy little pill

Take me away

Dry me eyes

Bring colour to my skies

*Happy Little Pill – Troye Sivan*

I went to my room to change out of my work out clothes, pretty sweaty from the heavy training today. I decided to go for a quick swim first, to cool down and so hurried out to the pool, making sure once again to cover my back with my long hair. I don’t think anyone saw the scars yesterday – besides they are small so you can only really see the extent of them if you look closely.

I dived in to the pool, and swam a few laps, thinking about how much my life had changed in the last few days, imaging what Ella would be saying about all this. Ella, that name tugged at my heartstrings. How could I not have even thought about her once since I’ve been here? Am I really that bad of a best friend? Oh god she must be so worried about me, disappearing in the middle of a party. I wondered if there was any way I could contact her, but the only way that would be possible was if I had an owl like Harry Potter, and although this situation is very surreal, it doesn’t involve magic. Although that would be cool.

I floated around in the pool for a bit before heading inside for a nice long shower to ease my aching muscles. Just as I was turning off the shower I head Freddie screaming up the stairs “I’ve made dinner because I am so so nice so everyone get down here now!” I chuckled to myself and quickly pulled on some shorts and a flowery top before heading downstairs to eat, my stomach grumbling so loud I could have sworn it was possessed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was actually the second one to arrive, after Clare who was, once again, sitting in the corner, this time reading an old and battered copy of Lord of the rings. Huh, I guess she likes magic too. I went over to where Harry was standing, pouring what I can only describe as slop into 6 separate glass bowls. Huh. “Hi Harry, erm what have you made?” I asked him, glancing down nervously at the slop.

“Hannah! Hi! Doesn’t it look great!”

“I’m afraid I’m going to have to disagree with that one”, Charlotte commented from behind me, “Please tell me that’s not our dinner..?” she asked him nervously. Harry looked a bit offended but he brushed the comment off and laughed “This, my dear Charlotte, is a famous recipe that I guarantee you will love, so stop complaining and eat eat eat!”

We all sat down, sniffing cautiously at our bowls, until Reece, who had sauntered in late, tasted the soup, stating that we were all wusses. The whole table leaned in to see his reaction, which was downright hilarious. His whole fast contorted into one where his eyes bugged out and he spat it all out, then proceeded to down his whole glass of water. I couldn’t hold it in, laughter poured out of me smack into his face, with the whole table following suit. Harry looked shocked, swearing that he had made the dish countless times before and everyone had loved it.

Reece glared at him, “Harry, go on you try it then if it is so good,” he said holding out his spoon to him, as if he was a baby. Harry took the spoonful and ate it in one go, until his face imitated that of Reece’s and he promptly spat it out. Now it was Reece’s turn to laugh at Harry, and I couldn’t help but stare at him. I hadn’t seen Reece give one proper smile since we arrived here, and hot damn he should smile more. It made him look at least 10 times hotter, and he was already off-the-scale hot. He caught me staring at him and the smile immediately dropped, as if he knew what I was thinking. I blushed, and looked down at my soup, stirring it absent-mindedly. As I looked closer at it, I saw that there were a few green lumps on what looked like cheese. “Harry,” I started, once the table had quieted again, “did you check the sell by date on the cheese?” I asked. Harry sprang up to look at the cheese packet that had been left on the counter and sighed, “ha-ha erm oops? Looks like its 2 years out of date..”

After throwing some frozen pizzas in the oven, and Reece pretending to throw up every 5 seconds, we finally ate and then went to our rooms, still not quite comfortable around each other – and tired from the day. Reece followed me up the stairs, and then along the corridor to our rooms. It was a silent walk the whole way, but I could feel him breathing down my back, and it gave me the shivers. I whipped my head around to glare at him, but he just chuckled and said, “Is there a problem?” I gritted my teeth, after Greg I really didn’t like having guys too close to me. “No, Reece” I managed, and stalked off into my room, slamming the door behind me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys!

I know i know i havent updated for about 3 months, which is rediculous, but I have some free time at the moment (rare!) so im going to be writing as much as i can :) Thank you so much to those who have stuck with me, as i know how annyoing it is when a writer doesnt update a story! 

Feel Free to comment, fan or vote, but even you reading it is amazing!

-PolarBearsAreMyLife xxx