(7) Say Something

And I am feeling so small

It was over my head

I know nothing at all

*Say Something - A Great Big World*

I woke up on time the next morning, thankfully! I don't think Holly or Rick would've been too happy if I showed up late twice in a row on our first 2 sessions. Before leaving my room I grabbed my schedule to see what was on the agenda for the day. Weaponry. That was good; I had been to the shooting range with Greg countless times - his favorite sport. If there was one good thing, and I mean one, that came out of the relationship, it was that I could shoot like a beast. Speaking of beasts, my body felt as though it had been trampled on by about 10 of them in my sleep last night, probably a result of the combat practice from yesterday.

I trudged downstairs, stretching and yawning as I went, my top riding up a bit as I did so - the guys who ordered my clothes obviously got the wrong size for some of my tops stopped just at my waistline, so if I moved about too much they rode up. I felt a piercing gaze on me, and I opened my eyes to find Reece staring at my exposed skin. "Perv," I muttered as stumbled past him into the kitchen, too tired to care.

We were led into a large room, the sign on the door stating that we were not allowed in without permission. Interesting, it must contain loads of really big and dangerous weapons. What I was greeted with was definitely not what I was expecting. A long, dark corridor led us to a hall filled with equipment, but not guns and knives etc. It was made up of different sections, (one was a mock kitchen, another a pretend forest ect.), each with different objects that looked nothing like weapons in the slightest.

"I thought we were doing weaponry today?" Chloe asked, her face a picture of confusion.

"We are," Rick replied, "But you wont always find yourself in a situation where you have a revolver or a pocket knife at hand. There is always a chance that you will get disarmed or that you are caught of guard and need to act fast. If and when this happens, you absolutely need to be prepared to make weapons from anything around you. For example", he continued, walking towards the kitchen area, "In a kitchen you are best equipped with Knives, heavy crockery and pans, as well as counters as a form of shield from any oncoming attack", he then walked over to the pretend forest, "But, in the dark in a forest, you don't have the same luck, and there are no walls, and an attacker could come at you from any direction, including above. So, we need to teach you guys to act with what you have."

"So, will we ever get to use guns and stuff?" asked Harry, sounding quite disappointed with the new information.

"Yes, half your day today will be spent in here with Rick," replied Holly, "and the other half will be back through the way we came in a complex where you will be learning about and how to use all sorts of weapons."

Harry nodded, satisfied with the information. Next, we were split into groups, that according to Rick, were picked on who they thought would work best together, based on abilities and various other things.

Rick had Me, Carson and... Reece. Great, there was no escape! I couldn't explain why he infuriated me so much, but I knew that these sessions would be testing.

"Right!" Rick shouted once the others had left with Holly, to the complex she had described earlier, "Lets get started!"

Heloooo Guys! I am SO sorry for the lack of updating that has been happening on my part, but I have GCSE's and stuff so don't have much spare time! However, here is a mini chapter for you - I had a spare few hours and missed this story L

Hope you enjoyed, and hopefully see you all soon!

P.S this story almost has 5000 reads? Wow that is crazy - THANK YOU!

Vote - Comment - Follow - Or just read = whatever you do makes me smile

- PolarBearsAreMyLife xxx