"I know you're pissed off at Odin and Frigga. I can't say I'm happy with them either for keeping this from both of us. They had the power to rescue me from jumping foster homes my entire life and they didn't. They had the power to let me know I wasn't human and they didn't do that either. They had the power to let you know at the very least that you didn't have to mourn and you would see me again. I know how you feel being lied to your entire life," you started. You knew how he'd felt after finding out he was really a Jotun. He'd told you all about it one night. You knew the feeling intimately and first hand now. "But I had nothing to do with it. I didn't know I wasn't at all human until today. I didn't know I wasn't mostly human until a few months ago. You know lies when you hear them. You know I had nothing to do with any of this."

"I know. I'm sorry. I should not have taken out my rage at my family on you," he finally said after a long minute. Another minute passed before he found the words he was looking for. "They manipulated us into this courtship without either of our knowledge,"

"I don't know how visions of the future work, but I know how much Frigga loves you. She wouldn't have done anything that she thought would hurt you,"

"We're betrothed!" he countered, not seeming to understand how you weren't grasping that concept and how very wrong this was.

"In Asgard," you countered. "We're not in Asgard. We don't have to follow their rules, or the choices they made on our behalf. Hell, I don't even know what their rules are, nor do I care," you added quickly before he could open his mouth and explain. It wasn't important right now. "We have choices, Loki. All of the choices are ours to make. If you want to continue our courtship I will gladly join you in that journey. If you want me to walk out of this room and never see you again, I will accept your decision. You don't have to do what Odin tells you anymore," you told him. You saw him reel at that realization. You still had a feeling that you knew what his decision would be, just to prove to himself, at least for a little while, that he really didn't have to do what Odin wanted.

So you stood to give him more time to hopefully come to a better decision. "I need to go downstairs and get this looked at," you indicated your arm. "Eat, you can have my bowl too. We can talk more later," you told him softly, gently. You touched his shoulder reassuringly, but didn't try to kiss him. He was too upset. Instead, you slipped out of his room. You closed the door behind you, only knowing that he'd still be here because he couldn't teleport out of the tower with his powers limited, which is all the further you had authorization to unbind his powers.

You leaned against the wall next to his room, trying to digest the last couple of days. You slid to the floor, your knees to your chest, dissolving into tears. Your entire life and existence had crumbled around you and it was too much, too fast. You had learned to cry silently through years in the foster system, and didn't think you'd be disturbed. You and Loki were usually the only inhabitants of this floor, and you were sure Loki couldn't hear you.

So you were surprised when a figure appeared in front of you. You hadn't noticed anyone in the hall. You looked up, expecting to see Loki. You weren't terribly surprised to see Thor instead. Of course he would come to see what had happened. "He hurt you?" Thor demanded, but his voice was gentle, not his usual boom.

"Not on purpose," you replied, showing him your arm, which you'd neglected to do anything with while you were having your existential crisis. Thor looked between you and the door to Loki's room for a moment, before he made a decision.

He held his hand down to you. "Come, little sister. Let us get that arm looked at,"

You gestured to the door. "You can go help him. He's still feeling off from everything that happened..." You weren't actually sure Thor would help with that. Maybe fighting it out with an adversary who would fight back would actually help.