Chapter One

The three of us were walking to lunch. We sat down with Grace at the end, then me, then Ashlynn. We talk about the weirdest and most off-topic stuff so I don't even know how we got on the crushes conversation. I don't have one, but I like hearing about the others' and teasing them about it. So anyway, Grace went first and told us that she had a crush on a boy that was in our class. Then, Ashlynn's turn. She said that she had a crush on a boy named Thomas.

We were really surprised, but I don't know why. They kind of are alike and they could be good together. So, then I thought about it all day. (Of course.) Then, over the course of week and weeks, of course I teased her about it.

A month later, there was a dance. Grace was already there when I came. Soon, Ashlynn came to the dance. We always kinda hang out at dances and everywhere, the three of us together. Well once we were like 45 minutes in, Thomas came up to Ashlynn and asked her to dance.

Grace and I had to try really hard to hold back our expressions. They slow danced and we knew that Ashlynn would always want to remember that time and so did we. We secretly filmed them dancing because we are awesome Best Friends.

When the song was over and they stopped dancing, they stayed on the dance floor and talked for a while. Ashlynn came back and we asked what he wanted to talk about and apparently, he just tried to ask her something bit stuttered and failed miserably. We sneaked around and overheard him talking to other boys in our class saying, "I couldn't do it, man." The other boys just stared at him for a minute then one said, "And so that means we have to do this all over again?" "Yeah." He answered.

The next slow dance came up, and he asked Ashlynn again. She said yes again. The exact same things happened and when Ashlynn came back all excited, we asked why. She told us that Thomas asked her out. We all were super happy and probably looked drunk, but it's fine.