"I'm getting that dog. I'm taking Jack to a shelter later. He's going to help me pick one out. Some sort of responsibility will be good for him."

"That sounds like a good idea." Antonio gave her an encouraging smile. Her phone buzzed in the cup holder between them. Jack was calling her.

"Hey, Jack. What's up?" Spencer answered, sitting her coffee down in the cup holder after she picked her phone up.

"I think Grant's in trouble, Spencer. I-I've been trying to call him and he's not answering. He said he—Spence, he said if he didn't contact me an hour after he left he wanted me to call you and have you trace his phone. I'm-I'm really worried about him, Spencer. I think he's in trouble with someone dad works with."

"Okay. Where are you right now?"

"I just got home."

"Stay there and lock the door. You know where I keep one of my guns in the kitchen right?" Spencer glanced over to Antonio.

"What's going on?" He asked. She shook her head and held her finger up to him.

"Yeah, you keep it in the closet with the cleaning stuff."

"Get it and keep it on you. If anyone comes through that door that is not me or Grant, you aim for the legs and shoot. I'll make sure Grant's okay." Spencer hung up and called Olinsky. He was still at the precinct with Voight. He'd be able to track Grant's phone. "Grant's in trouble."

"How do you know?" Antonio asked her.

"He wants me to track his phone."

———

"That's Grant's truck." Spencer nodded to the black Ford truck parked outside of the house. Grant's phone put him in that house.

"Backup will be here in five." Antonio told her. She nodded her head and started to tap her fingers against her knee. Her phone buzzed and she instantly answered the call.

"Grant, what's—,"

"Spencer, I need you to come inside." Grant cut her off. "Alone."

"I can't come in there unless you tell me what's going on, Grant." She shook her head. "I need to know what I'm walking into."

"It's just me and someone who really wants to meet you. He's, uh, he's your secret admirer."

Spencer's throat tightened up and her eyes found Antonio's. He took the phone from her. She leaned across Antonio to pop the trunk of the car. That's where the bullet proof vests were located. Her fingers began to tremble as she clipped the vest into place. Antonio's hands engulfed hers. Her eyes squeezed shut and she stepped towards him.

"You don't have to do this, Spence." His voice was soft and gentle. "We can wait for Ruzek and Atwater to get here and they can go in with me."

"No. I can do this." She shook her head.

"Your hands aren't steady enough to properly handle your firearm, Spencer." Antonio let her hands go. "I need to make sure you have my back when we go in there."

Spencer nodded her head. His safety was important. She wasn't in the right state to make sure he stayed safe when they entered the house.

"How long until they get here?" Spencer asked him. Antonio listened for a few moments. He could hear sirens.

"I'd say three minutes, give or take."

"You promise you'll be safe in there? And make sure Grant's okay?" She crinkled her brows at him.