Chapter XXVI

Well, sh*t, was the collective thought that echoed throughout the room once 'Xander' had departed. It seemed that everyone was shell shocked and unable to fully comprehend what had just transpired.

Percy standing now next to who he knew was finally his father turned to him at the same moment that Poseidon shifted to face Percy.

"Words cannot describe how incredibly sorry I am for what has happened Percy. I left you, what seems to be all alone and you suffered. And during this time, I was unable to do anything to break through this spell that I had been put under. I am so ashamed." Poseidon bowed his head, looking at his toes.

At this moment, Percy felt an overwhelming amount of affection for his father as well as an insurmountable wave of relief. His family truly hadn't abandoned him. He was loved. And Percy being Percy forgave his father right there on the spot.

"Dad, you don't know how long I have waited for this..." was all he said before he leaned in and captured his father in a hug.

It was this action that seemed to break the dam of shock throughout the council hall as everyone then flocked to apologise for their actions against Percy.

Artemis and Hestia however sat smugly in their thrones. They had never been caught under this spell and while happy that Percy would no longer be a hunted fugitive, they also felt a sense of superiority, that they were the only ones that this mysterious being was unable to be spell.

Finally, the crowd dispersed and everyone returned to either their standing positions or their thrones.

Zeus cleared his throat

"It seems that we were bewitched to change our opinion of this Poseidon spawn' he muttered, probably as close to an apology as he was going to get.

"However, in our clouded judgment I still seem to have a made a relevant point." He looked Percy dead in the eye "You are still too powerful to be left unchecked..."

"Oh, come on..." groaned Hades, surprisingly the one to respond. "Zeus, you imbecile. You have got to be kidding me, have you learned nothing?" he turned to his brother. "This insanely powerful demigod just forgave you for ruining his life and now you want to kill him. Just be grateful that he doesn't decide to hold your actions accountable under the spell!" he scoffed.

"He does have a point" muttered Athena. "In this one instance I think father that you should let it slide"

Just as Zeus was about to respond, Percy once more stood forward in the centre of the room, cutting off anything the King of the gods had planned to retort with.

"As lovely as debating my still possible execution, I think we have a bigger matter on hand. Oh, I don't know. Maybe the overly powerful being that had been masquerading as a demigod this whole time and that happened to bewitch all of the gods, and is either working for or is Tartarus himself!" Percy cried.

Every god just nodded concern radiating among them.

"But what would Tartarus seek to gain pretending to be a demigod?" asked Hestia from her place in front of the hearth.

Now that was the big question. What was it in Camp Half Bloo Well, not really. All of it seemed to be linked back to Percy... duh.

"What are you all on about?!" came a voice from the background, "Xander is my boyfriend; Percy is the enemy here, why are you all his friends again? This is preposterous!"

Annabeth emerged from behind the rest of the spectators.

"Honey," Athena tried "You are under a spell. Xander is not who you think he is, it's all a lie,"

"I think I would know it was a lie, I'm not an idiot!" Annabeth crossed her arms across her chest defensively. Everyone else just looked at her in pity. She was not free from the web.

Dionysus released his power from his throne, trying to reach past the mental intrusion but could get through the block.

"Can't help her, he is too strong" he grunted

"There is nothing wrong with me!" She shouted "I am absolutely fine!"

With that, she lunged forwards to attack Percy, meaning to restrain him once more. Before she can get anywhere close the gods have already released chains and locked her up.

Percy looks down at the girl he used to love, now lying in chains at his feet and feels an immense wave of sympathy for her. She has no control right now and her freedom has been taken away from her.

"Take her to a holding cell. We cannot let her out until we have defeated Tartarus" called Zeus "She is a danger to our mission and to us all. Take her away"

As the minor gods grab her and drag her out, the rest of the throne room had to painfully listen to her shouts of fury in protest the whole way out. Silence reigned for a few moments, many wincing at her unfortunate circumstance, before getting back to the meeting to save the world from a crazy maniac deity.

The council continued their discussion, and contemplating the threat when suddenly the door to the throne room burst open, and every single one of the hunters, armed to the teeth, came crashing in.

"You will not take Perseus without a fight!" cried Zoe leading the charge.

Halfway across the floor they stopped as they finally took in their surroundings. The gods, talking to Percy, no chains, and no Xander.

"What on earth is going on?!" Thalia stumbled, stunned. Percy just turned and shrugged.

"Turns out Xander is not my brother but instead the evil mastermind Tartarus that we are all trying to destroy in the world, and the majority of the gods and goddesses were under his heeby jeeeby mind control," he summed up, succinctly and perfectly.

That just threw all the hunter out the loop. Here there were ready to fight tooth and nail for Percy's freedom and now that wasn't even the issue.

"Oh" was all that was said.