Cԋαρƚҽɾ 8: Sƚαყ.

December 17, 1991

"Who do you think you are just popping up on my fire escape?" Ranae asked Donald who sat on the edge of her bed comfortably as if he's at his own house.

He chuckled "Devante Swing" He nonchalantly said with that smirk appearing across his face. Though he was trying to talk low, his heavy deep ass voice was loud enough to wake the house.

Ranae rolled her eyes and shook her head at this complete foolishness "Well my parents ain't gone care who you are if they find out you in here" She scolded and he just shrugged a shoulder "Why are you even here?"

"Why you been ignoring my calls?" She couldn't believe he drove all this way and basically snuck inside her room just to ask her this one question. She didn't even think he would remember where she stayed "You acting like I did some shit that made you mad"

"Well fist off it annoyed me that another female was paging you while I was there trying to spend time with you" Ranae said first earning a sigh from Devante "Then you made me uncomfortable when you pressured me into kissing you while touching me..."

He quickly licked his lips "Aight my bad for making you uncomfortable, sometimes I can't help myself" He chuckled but was being honest "And I have no control over who decides to page me, would you want me to lie to you from now on?"

She folded her arms and rolled her eyes "No" She answered flat out.

"Ok then" He shrugged his shoulders "Why you care who contacts me anyway? It ain't like we together" He smirked at her causing her to roll her eyes once again "Let me find out lil ole Ranae falling for me"

"I'm not falling for you Donald, your the one who drove to my apartment and climbed up my fire escape to sneak in my room" She reminded him "Are you sure your not the one whose falling for me?" She raised her brows giving him the same smirk.

"Well you can deny it all you want, I can tell you really like me though"

"How so?"

"For one that big ass poster of me on your wall gave it away" He pointed out and Ranae knew exactly what he was talking about. She had a collage of pictures of Jodeci spin her wall surrounded by a humongous picture of Devante in the middle. He's her favorite but now that she's getting to know him he might soon be replaced my K-ci "Scratch that, your little ass is madly in love with me" He picked with her and she was trying so hard not to crack a smile.

"You can get that idea out of your head sir" She shook her head and walked over towards her window "It's time for you to go now" She tried pulling him off her bed.

"Aight wait a minute" He gently grabbed her wrist "Since you stood here and communicated with me for damn near five minutes, is you gone start paging me back?"

"What do you want from me Devante?" Ranae asked raising her brow.

"I wanna get to know you, simple ass that"

"Like you said before...I guess I don't know how to hold a conversation with a teenager" She used his own words against him "So how are you gonna get to know me? What is there to talk about with a MINOR?" She purposely said trying to make him uncomfortable like he does to her.