Cԋαρƚҽɾ 31:

December 16, 1993

Ranae woke up to the sun beaming through the curtains, naturally causing her to squint her eyes. Today was finally her birthday and she was now 19, still somewhat young she didn't feel like it at all. She didn't even plan anything but hopefully her friends could come around to do something special. As long as she got out the house for the day she would be okay with anything.

She turned around and noticed an empty bed that should've had Devante in it, just where he was last night. She glanced up and noticed a small letter on his pillow and couldn't help but to grin.

Grabbing it, she read the words Happy birthday, the he wrote across in cursive. She opened it and it wasn't some short letter but not exactly long either. Rubbing her eyes to see clearer, he wrote

I bet your little ass was expecting some money
but I got something even better planned...soon.
I stepped out for a bit to go and grab us some breakfast
Cause my ass can't cook for shit, I'm sure you ain't want
no burnt ass French toast anyway. I'll be back as soon as
possible so we can eat and chill out for the morning.
Happy birthday baby girl

Sincerely, ya future baby daddy!

Ranae giggled and shook her head at the note, Devante couldn't be romantic if his life depended on it. She was okay with the simple things though, that's just him and she loved it.

She threw the covers off of her and stepped out of bed with a smile on her face. She stretched and got up to look for something to wear after she freshened up. Unlike Devante, Ranae actually liked going out for her special day. She didn't wanna stay in the house today and was hoping Donald would actually take her out. Nine times out of ten, he won't but he should just for this one night at least. Ranae didn't like the fact that she had to practically beg him to go out half the time.

Once she found what she would be wearing, she shimmied to the master bathroom ready to run her a nice bath.

Meanwhile, Donald was on his way home from this breakfast spot after picking up and Ranae some food. He glanced at the time and figured Ranae should be up by now, being it was almost eleven in the morning.

His pager suddenly went off and he smirking thinking it was Ranae. When he picked it up and glanced at the name, that smirk soon turned into a frown.

Trina - How are you?

"The fuck..." He said to himself and sat the pager back down, not even bother to respond right now.

Donald hasn't spoken to or even seen Trina in almost two years. He specifically remembers her storming out of the hotel room after he tried to lay down with her. She was going off at the mouth and he didn't have time for it. He was still messing around with Ranae and decided to just leave Trina alone until he felt that he needed her again.

Being that this occurred a while ago, he's surprised to see her paging him as if they're cool again. There's no bad blood, Devante just didn't like the fact that he got turned down and put in his place. Trina wasn't easy at all.

Honestly, he almost forgot about her since he's been giving most of his attention to Ranae. What they got going is beyond complicated but this is the only girl he's had his eyes glued on for two years now.