Ch 1

My name is Aurora Ravenwood,and this is my story as the thrice blessed.

My story began as a young girl, granted Ravenwood was not my original surname. No years ago I was known as Aurora Thornson the only daughter of the blacksmith of our local village. My mother had died when I was small trying to bring a little boy into the world but neither made it. People said I looked like my mother with her same golden brown hair, but my eyes were all my fathers. A soft hazel that changed with our moods. But I was the light in my fathers world and he taught me how to metal craft. To his and others surprise I took to it like a fish to water and could craft beautiful intricate things. From a sword for a noble that was sharper than any other, to a metal rose that would never fade.

One night the lord of the land called me and my father to the castle. We were to help an upcoming merchant craft a blade for his travels. The merchants name was Erasmus Ravenwood. He had interesting red brown eyes and thick copper colored hair. My father and I worked diligently forging a blade like no other. In the end the blade was beautiful. The finest silver steal blade was medium length, good for one or two handed fighting. The pommel was finely crafted to look like metallic ivy leaves set with varying shades of green stone. The hand grip was easily a hand and a half so if The wished to fight two handed he could. The area where his hand would rest was smooth and padded with a strip of leather. It was our finest achievement.