Chapter 5: Late night internet creepers

Comenzar desde el principio

To: Synthetic_Darkness  

From:TheBeast&TheHarlot 

Subject: Type O Negative - Pain

Love the avie, one of my all time favorite bands and song. I can listen to them for hours and still not get enough. Peter Steele was genius! I miss him. :(

Oh, yeah, hello from some random stranger on the internet! Careful, I may stalk you! Now which do you prefer: dead rodents as gifts or random body parts? Me, I like the sporadic dead mouse here and there. With enough of 'em collected, I can make some wicked jewlery. Okay, not really, I'm not that creepy. Just a little weird. But don't ask me how weird, because then I would have to make you some jewlery. Eww, really I wouldn't. I was trying out my creeper skills since I am up way too late creeping around on the internet. How am I doing so far? I'm sure there are others that are far more creepy than me. Maybe I should message them for pointers?

Anywho, just wanted to say hi seeing as we're neighbors and all that good stuff. Good luck finding whatever it is you're searching for. And hey, maybe we might see each other sometime at a munch or party. Or maybe not. Who knows.

Yeah, so, uhm, hi!

~The Harlot~

Okay, so she didn't warn him, but maybe her weirdness would show him that there were some odd people on the site. She backed out of his profile and continued her random link clickage.

~~~~

Kale couldn't sleep. After Raven left to go back to her parents, he ate a quick dinner and then logged back onto C.M. Hours later, he still sat at his desk glued to the computer. He joined different groups and read through all the newbie advice he could find. There really was a fetish for everything. The more he read, the more he wanted to learn. He had considered signing up with the local group, but was still unsure. All those people. It was overwhelming. Raven did him a huge favor forcing him to make an account. He just wasn't going to get his hopes up of anything coming from it. But it was still comforting to know that he wasn't alone in a lot of his feelings.

He wasn't alone. That excited him. Here, he found profile after profile of people intrested in the same things. Maybe not everything he was curious about, but he had a feeling he would stumble upon more. A groan echoed off the bare walls. 1:30 am. He had to be up in six more hours. Work. How could he go to work after staying up all night looking around on the internet? He could easily sit there through those six hours, searching and browsing on cuffme. Be responsible, he chided himself. With a huff, he started to log out. The little letter icon on the homepage blinked telling him he had a new message.

Kale's heart sped up. His first message! His finger trembled over the button on the mouse. What if it was hate mail? Did he really want to read it, if it was? Yeah, it was supposed to be an open-minded community, but there were douchebags no matter where you went. Would he be flamed here, like he was in school? His internal debate lasted a few minutes. He moved the cursor over the icon, closed his eyes, turned his head to the side, and clicked. His face was hidden by his bangs. Turning his head, he peeked one eye open. Huh, the subject line was the band and song title he was using as his avatar. Okay, not so bad. He blew out his breath and clicked on the actual message link.

Completely facing the screen he read through the message. Twice. So it was from the Harlot half of the couple. The side of his mouth quirked up into a lopsided grin as he read through the message a third time. Minus the animal skeleton reference, it was a harmless message. Not that the rodent part wasn't creepy, but it was funny. He contemplated writing back. But what would he say?

In the quiet room, he stared at the keyboard. Different responses floated through his mind. But which one should he go with? He clapped his hands together when a thought came to him. The sound of keys flooded his ears.

To:TheBeast&TheHarlot 

From: Synthetic_Darkness 

Subject: Re: Type O Negative - Pain

Weren't they just amazing!?! Just sad I missed their glory days and that there will never be a chance to see them. I would love to be able to go back in time and go to a concert. Even if it was raining and the sound system was on the fritz. Just to be in the same space as Peter Steele, would be worth it. Lyrical genius, pure and simple.

Rodent jewlery huh? That's better than my hair and nail collection. ;)

Maybe. I don't know if I will be getting out in the local scene any time soon. It's taken my friend a year to even get me to join this site. Who knows how long it will be before I am actually "public" with this.

Any advice for the noob?

Oh and Hi! back.

Synthetic_Darkness

Kale's finger shook as he clicked the send button. There, that wasn't so bad. He hoped he didn't sound like a total loser, but eventually it would surface. Might as well get it out of the way now. Well, that is if the girl messaged him back. Oh gods, what if the Beast half reads the message? Kale facepalmed and made a silent prayer that the guy didn't read it. He thought to himself that he might want to check out their profile. And he did just that.

After a quick browsing of their 'about me' section and looking through the few faceless pictures they had, he was a little more at ease. The journal section of their account told him more about them than their info section did. The man seemed like a logical and patient man. The girl...she seemed like trouble. Fun trouble. They both had interesting poems and stories posted. Kale relaxed and hoped that he did hear back from her. It would be kind of nice to get to know some knowledgeable people in his area. With a sigh, he glanced at his bed. He really did need to go to sleep. It just felt impossible. He was teeming with a nervous energy and an excitement he hadn't had in years.