secrets

Y/n sat at her piano, unaware of the time that seemed to fly by with every note she wrote. The manuscript in front of her splotched with inky stains that grasped to her hands.

She was singing to herself, the keyboard in front of her being used as a desk as she scribbled ideas down. Thus, the completion of her fourth piano fantasy. It was heavily influenced by those great composers like Mahler and her current favourite, Rachmaninoff. Of course.

She was playing through it when Lucifer walked in the room, coat in hand. He paused at the sight of her, dressed in a silky dark emerald green body suit that glistened and shined with every move she made. Music drifted through the apartment as she played on his Steinway piano. Stared at the way her wrists seemed to sink into the keys the way his never could, the way she moved along with the unfamiliar lines of music, the way she sang the melody, eyes closed and a slow smile on her face, her eyebrows furrowed in ecstasy.

And dammit if he wasn't so in love with her. His heart seemed to splutter and gallop faster just by her presence alone, the anticipation of wrapping his arms around her and smelling her scent.

The unfamiliar music bothered him a little. It was something between the lines of Bach and Shostakovich, yet elements of Rachmaninoff seemed to take over the middle of the piece. Lucifer stood watching until she had finished, she stood up and checked the time before rushing to pack everything up.

He couldn't stop himself.

"Who were you just playing?" He asked.

Y/n jumped in surprise and immediately turned around to look at him.

"Lucifer! Hi!" She sounded breathless and quickly used her body to shield her music. "How was the case? You guys managed to solve it?"

"Of course we did, anyway, what I want to know is who were you just playing?"

He watched as y/n flushed a little, taking a step back with her hands leaning on the piano behind her.

"Oh it was just a bit of Mozart really, nothing much."

"Really? Something that sounds awfully like Shostakovich?"

"Well, a lot of Mozart's darker stuff could be mistaken for Shostakovich, or Mahler for that fact. Actually, whe-"

"Sweetheart?"

"Yes?" Her y/e/c eyes widened innocently at him and he smirked lazily as he continued walking towards her.

"You're rambling." He reached behind her to grab a sheet and she stopped him, gathering the manuscript until they resembled a chaotic pile and brought them close to her chest.

"No, please don't, they're original copies."

"Original copies you say?"

Lucifer nearly laughed at the sight of her frantic nodding.

"I'm not sure but if they truly were original copies then shouldn't they be handled with a little more care?"

Y/n narrowed her eyes at him.

"You're being an ass, I'm leaving." And she did, scampering out the room with Lucifer's laughter following in pursuit.

-

Lucifer found out about her compositions one night when they were in the middle of foreplay. It was extremely confusing and seriously knocked his ego down a few pegs when she shoved him away with a harsh force. Y/n's eyes were wild, lips thoroughly kissed and swollen, clad in only her bralette and trousers, hair tousled and irresistibly gorgeous. She was like a siren, beckoning him towards incandescent death.

"What?" He had asked, her eyes had glazed for a second and he, for that second, foolishly thought that his sexual abilities had broken her.

"Oh my God." It was as if a pin dropped and she clambered off the bed, the strap of her bralette slipping off her shoulder

" It was as if a pin dropped and she clambered off the bed, the strap of her bralette slipping off her shoulder

as she frantically dug through her bag and pulled out a notebook of manuscript. Then proceeded to run out of the room like a bat out of Hell.

He was confused. Very confused.

Cussing under his breath, he quickly unzipped his fly to relieve the pressure and strutted to the main room, half naked and aroused as fuck.

"Y/n, what on Earth-"

The sight of her sitting there on the piano stool, only semi dressed, she spread the music on the stand and began scribbling on it.

He gathered her hair in a hand and pushed it over a shoulder, and began placing hot open mouthed kisses along the side of her neck and shoulder.

And she pushed him away, beginning to play chords and small melodies that seemed be expertly tied together.

Then it fell in place.

She wrote music. That's what she was hiding from him.

It felt like hours until she was done.

Y/n turned around, an excited grin on her face and pulled him down for a harsh kiss.

"Sorry, it just came to me."

He raised an eyebrow at him.

"Really? Right before sex? Should I be offended?"

Y/n giggled.

"I'll let you fuck me against this piano if that makes you happy."

His eyes widened.

"But every time I suggest that, you always say no."

She winked at him.

"Well, let's just say I'm in a better mood tonight."