One Thousand One-Night Stands

"This is your penthouse?" Y/n's jaw dropped at the interior, the dark, polished marble floors. A grand piano foliated the center of the room with leather black couches surrounding it. It was stunning.

"Mhmm..."

Y/n shivered a little as she felt a feather light touch breeze across her neck as he brushed her hair to a side and began placing hot, open mouthed kisses along her left shoulder.

She giggled and pushed him away a little.

"Come on, I want to explore the place." She grabbed his hand and tugged him along with her after they took their shoes off.

A squeal escaped her as he lifted her into his arms and grinned down at her beautiful face.

"Where to first m'lady? The bedroom?"

She decided to humour him.

"Bedroom it is then." She laughed and relaxed into his body.

They headed up a couple of steps and into a gorgeous room, the walls were glass windows and she saw the entire of LA from where she stood.

"And this is where I sleep."

He set her down and she took tentative steps towards the soft bed. She brushed her hand along the different textures of fabric, then headed to the ensuite, eyes widening in surprise. A slight gasp escaped her lips.

"Oh my God." She switched the light on and stepped in, not able to believe her eyes. The whole room was gold and marble with warm hints of wood. A huge shower dominated half of the room with a jacuzzi beside it. "Lucifer, it's so gorgeous."

She heard him give a low chuckle and felt him wrap his arms around her from behind. Her heart seemed to tear at her inner dilemma. What did he want from her? Was he wanting just a one night stand? "Just one night" He had said to her, did he mean it? She wasn't sure if her heart could take it. Wasn't sure if she could take it.

Y/n pushed out of his grip and headed back to the bedroom, eyes completely avoiding him.

"I should probably go." She muttered, "I shouldn't even be here to begin with."

-

Lucifer was quiet ever since they headed up to his room together. It was as if everything inside of him shifted and settled. Settled to accommodate her in his own living space.

And now it seemed normal. As if she had been here all along, that she was always with him.

He could see it now, could see her silhouette in the morning light and feel the comfort of her embrace at night. Goddamn did he want her here with him, forever.

And then she had said that she wanted to leave. That she shouldn't be here.

Yes she should. His mind was already made up.

"Why?" He asked, the pit of his stomach churned and he felt sick. His mouth was dry and dread filled his veins with lead.

He watched as y/n avoided his eyes. "Talk to me, y/n. What's wrong?"

She shook her head at herself.

"I just," She gulped, "what do you want from me? What can I possibly give you that you don't already have? Lucifer, look at me. I don't belong here."

His eyebrows furrowed at the sheer meaning of her words.

"I don't want anything from you, wait no, y/n that's not what I meant." He watched her as she looked up slowly to meet his eyes, almost floored with how beautiful she was, how she seemed to strong yet vulnerable at the same time. "What I mean is that I don't want you to think that you need to give me anything."

She looked away, out the window into the city illuminated with lights, biting her bottom lip.

"What is it?" He asked softly, guiding her towards his bed so both could sit down.

She looked down at her hands.

"I don't want to be just a one night stand. I don't want to be taken for granted or thrown away like some kind of tissue. I am not that kind of woman."

Understanding and relied filled his stomach and he couldn't help grinning.

"Y/n." He breathed, laughing a little, his finger under her chin so he could lift her head up to look at him. He leaned in a brought her in for a long, passionate kiss, groaning into it as he felt her arms wrap around his neck and felt her move so she sat upon him.

"Trust me." He murmured against her lips, he didn't think he could be so happy in his life, "y/n do you trust me?"

She nodded in response, moaned as he roamed his hands under her shirt and across her skin.

"You are worth way more than a one night stand. Way more. I want a thousand one night stands with you and more."

She pulled away a little, a hand tracing the slight stubble on his face and jaw.

"You want a relationship? With me?" She asked in a faint whisper.

Lucifer grabbed the hand on his face and thread his fingers through hers, then placed another kiss on her lips.

"Of course I do, why wouldn't I?"