Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Ready Writer One

Emlyn was scared and didn't know what to do. She knew what she wanted to happen, but the question was, was it going to happen? Horrace watched from his throne at the endeavor, though he made no move or effort to help, he would if Emlyn truly needed it. Horrace knew she could do it, and she was so close to opening the doors.

Emlyn imagined a shield in front of her, a fire proof shield that would block the fire from hitting her. When she opened her eyes, which had been closed she saw the shield. The shield was an odd shape that was pointed at the end and sort of had two points at the top corners that came down then back up making another point at the middle. There was a dragon's face in the center that showed it breathing fire out around the shield that was filled with decorative looking flames of orange, red, and yellow colors.

The girl stopped when she realized her fire wasn't working and lowered herself to the ground studying Emlyn, as she debated her next move. Emlyn took this as her opportunity and began imagining herself defeating the girl in the first battle. She imagined bright lights coming from herself and them soaring to the girl to spread love to her. She knew immediately who she was, her own antagonist Camilla.

Camilla was the red-eyed monster she created. Fueled by anger, but Emlyn remembered, anger would be her downfall. Emlyn lit her body up through her own imagination with a golden light with little red sparkles flickering in the golden light. She walked over to Camilla till she was right in front of her.

Emlyn wrapped her arms tightly around Camilla, trapping her in a hug. Emlyn spread love to Camilla this way, a small amount that would not totally destroy her, but was enough to take her down a notch or two. Camilla had been fueled by enough anger upon seeing Emlyn that she was able to summon enough power to blast her into the far wall.

Camilla began approaching her and blood was pouring out of her eyes and down her face. Emlyn watched as Camilla's entire body became black and lanky. She looked like one of those disgusting demons someone came up with in a horror movie. Emlyn wasn't doing it though, that's not what Camilla was. Emlyn couldn't figure out why it was happening, but she knew it had to be stopped.

Emlyn stood up and faced Camilla, "Surely if you are the villain, I made you, you wouldn't want to take me down so easy. Wouldn't you want to make it... a challenge?" Emlyn questioned her own antagonist wondering if she was truly what she created her to be in her mind.

Camilla smiled, and although she wanted to take Emlyn down right then and there, Emlyn was right. Camilla dashed across the room and jerked the staff of the badlands from its holster and grinned at Emlyn. "You're right. I'll see you later." Then she was gone.

Horrace looked worried about the staff and a worry line creased his forehead.

"Horrace what was that?" Emlyn asked him, referring to the staff. The staff had a long dark oak handle that was very thick around. An orb sat in the top and swirled with colors of red, blue, green, and so on. It was decorated with different images carved into the wood and little things like flowers and vines that coiled around it like a snake.

"It was the staff of the badlands, the person who holds it can change and alter the badlands into whatever they like. They can also cross through unscathed and control the things and people in it. If the wrong person gets their hands on it, it's dangerous. As it is now that Camilla has it," Horrace explained, the worry line still there as he feared things were progressing faster than they should be.

"We have to get it back," Emlyn said to him and faced the old man with a determined expression. The next time she faced Camilla, she would be ready. "Tell me what I need to know."

Horrace nodded and motioned for her to sit. "Well, I'm going to tell you about Aura's, something very important for now and later." And with that, he began his story.