Camila had never been exposed to such luxuries ever in her lifetime. Living in the South of Rulan is almost like the slums, but better living conditions. Before the America Attack, the South was such an alluring place. It never slept. Dancing from dusk till dawn, piles upon piles of celebration, exquisite food, lovely people and it was a paradise. Sinuhe, Camila's mother, had heard about Rulan when she was busting tables in Havana. She worked in a very run down diner which paid poorly, she was making next to no money to support six year old Sofia and five year old Camila.

So when she heard of this...escape, she was instantly overjoyed. When she got home that night, she told her husband Alejandro of Rulan and that very night they left Havana and Cuba. Left with nothing but the clothes on their backs and their two daughters in tow. Camila was forever grateful for their sacrifice, because back then, if you were caught fleeing Cuba, the price was heavy.

Now, here Camila sat, in royalty's home, with only her parents legacy and a growing affection on her mind.

"Hey, here's your spear." Hayley's voice called out as she exited the building. Camila stood and took her weapon from Hayley's hand, smiling in gratitude before giving it a testing swing, skilfully swinging it above head with one hand before stopping abruptly when it came to her side again. "Show off." Hayley teased before leaving Camila to her own devices.

《♔》

Lauren tried to restrain the laugh as much as possible. Though, it was proving to be a difficult task as Roman spoke. He had insisted that Lauren listened to his ideas about what he would do if he became King. All of his ideas where nothing but poppycock. First, he wanted to install the same ideals into Rulan that Swayland follow, for example that women were inferior to men. Then he wanted to ban LGBTQ marriage as it wasn't the 'right path'. Lauren wanted to just tell him that there is no way that any of it is ever happening but, it wasn't proper to interrupt people during speeches. It was something Lance scolded her on a daily basis for. "Lastly, I want to change Rulan's name. From Rulan to...Zeekmond." Roman said with such confidence. Lauren truly thought he was pulling her leg, but you could see he was dead serious. "As much as I appreciate your suggestions, what makes you think you'll have any power over myself?" Lauren spoke with a secret malicious tone, one that Roman clearly didn't have the brain capacity to follow onto, but Dinah, who sat beside her, certainly did.

"You know the rules surely, King overrules Queen. No matter what you say, my authority comes first." Roman spoke down to the Queen like she was nothing more than a pouty child, which really grinded her gears. "Not here in Rulan. The Morgado bloodline holds more power than anything you've ever seen." Lauren sassed and Roman scoffed before leaning back in his seat. "Your name won't mean squat when I sit in that very throne." Dinah looked about a second away from slapping the Prince but Lauren stood up, looking directly at the man with a hidden fire in her eyes. "For someone so desperate for my affections, not only are you slacking dramatically but you want to make my country into something of a military camp. I would rather kill myself now and hand over my throne to my angry brother than to a slime ball like you, dear Prince."

"Your majesty, its almost time for the first trials." Lance announced as he entered the throne room and without another word the Rulanian stood and left the room alongside the blonde man. Leaving Dinah and Roman in the room. "You have no idea what you've walked into boy. I'd go home now before I get embarrassed publicly." Dinah suggested as she also made a move to leave. Roman let out an obnoxious snigger. "You genuinely believe I'll allow myself to be beaten by such a...abominable women?" Dinah spun on her heel so quick, that she might've got whip lash. The blonde woman looked at the vile man with vast rancorous. "That abominable woman is about to wipe the floor with your sorry ass."

《♔》

"You, mi  dulce chica, are meant for amazing things, don't let anyone derail you from such excellence."

The Cuban opened her eyes as she stood out on the courtyard, cameras were at every angle, eager to catch every moment of the event. Camila stood clad in a purple and black thermal top which accentuated her abdomen and muscular arms insanely so. On her legs she wore some black cargo pants which were tucked neatly into clean black combat boots. Her hair was pulled back into a pony tail so it was out the way and lastly, on her left side of her chest was the Rulan crest, a oak tree. To Camila's right stood Roman. With his hair gelled back and wearing identically clothing to her but instead it was the Swayland colours, white and red. Mainly white. Whilst Camilas chest held the Rulan oak tree, Roman's held a crucifix.

"Welcome, to the first trial of spear throwing. In this challenge, each competitor will get one throw. The person to throw the furthest overall is the winner." Lance explained to the live recording cameras. Camila looked up to the concrete steps of the Manor to see Lauren sat on her throne already looking at her. The Queen smiled sweetly and Camila couldn't help the feeling of butterflies. "Prince Roman Vernon Zeeks will be the first to throw his spear. His chosen spear type is the Trident." Camila looked over to Roman as he is handed his Trident by Denver. Camila couldn't help but shake her head lightly.

 "Something wrong?" Katniss whispered from beside the woman. "Not at all. Just that Roman made a idiotic choice with the Trident. Not only is it heavier to throw, but the head drags it down quickly, the trident is made to stab, not to throw." Camila explained as Roman stood up onto the podium that the pair would be throwing from. They were in a larger garden on the West side of the building that was made for archery and long distant sport. "And your spear?" Katniss questioned as Roman got into stance. A incorrect form that Camila burned to correct. "Is perfect for such activity." Camila muttered as the whistle sounded for silence. The huntress cringed internally as Roman threw his spear like a javelin. As she said, it flew for a while but came down much quicker than an appropriate spear would've. Servant quickly ran out with measuring tape as Roman spun round and walked back to his place smiling smugly as he did so. "65 metres!" A quiet shout echoed and Lance repeated said distance for the cameras.

"Camila Cabello, the queens champion will be next throw." Camila took a deep inhale before turning to Katniss, who held her spear out to her. "Don't hold back." The Huntress thanked the Archer before stepping out onto the podium. "Miss Cabello's chosen spear is a Viking Steel Battle Spear." She heard Lance announced as Camila slipped natural into a proper stance. Her dominant foot forward. shoulders on a tilt to the side; opposite to her throwing hand.

"See this spear Karla? This is your new protector." Sofia says as she points to the tall spear, Camila brushed her hand delicately over the handle. "Why do I need it?" Sofia chuckled slightly and ruffled her younger sisters hair. "There are loads of monsters in this world Kaki."

Camila snapped her eyes open, ignoring the painful silence, swinging her arm back and releasing the weapon in a powerful launch. She watched as it effortlessly flew through the air, practically making the sky bleed. Camila looked over to Lauren, watching her face contort into one of astonishment. Camila walked back to Katniss and Lance grasped her fist and held it high into the sky. "Our winner for the first trial is Camila, who threw a amazing 101 metres!"