Chapter One

The melting snow was finally invisible under the suns bright glare. Spring was making itself known as February settled over Rulan. It had been a long Winter, but as always the small country prevailed and got through its harsh weather season.

Rulan, which was a small, independent country which was far off into the ocean, the closest land was Cuba. The peace had been undisturbed, completely calm after Donald Trump tried to take the land for American colonies, little did he realise the society's strength and the brutal loyalty toward the monarch.

Rulan, was beautiful. Coated head to toe in exotic wildlife, perfect views and a gorgeous beach which surrounded all sides of its coast. Though, it's most beautiful treasure had to have been Morgado Manor, the place where the royal family reside.

High cobblestone walls, hand carved archways and the most protected place in the world. With a thick woods surroundings walls, the closest locals could get was the palace walls, beyond that was unknown. The family certainly loves privacy and Rulan respects that. How can they not? After all, The Iridescent Queen had chased out America from their lands.

The wind graced over her bare skin effortlessly as she stretched, each bone popping in their own way, her muscles expanding slowly and her small breasts concealed under the black sports bra she wore. As she relaxed, she looked out onto the streets of Rulan. Completely desolate at this time in the morning, as it always was when she awoke. A slight ruffle caught her attention and she looked over her shoulder at her Raven, Caster, at he landed on her bed post. The woman smiled at the sight of her winged companion and she whistled him over. She stroked at his wings lightly as he made comfort of her forearm.

"Good morning Caster." Her voice was like velvet, smooth and delicate. Much like the woman in someways. "Go fetch me my necklace please." She ordered lightly and Caster obliged instantly, flying off to the opposite side of the room and picking up a silver necklace of a Celtic Ruin. "Thank you." She thanked the bird before putting on the silver and wandering back into her room to change into her chosen attire. A black hoodie, a black leather jacket, black jeans and her worn out combat boots.

Rolling up her sleeves, she put on hidden blades on either wrist, flicking her wrist back and forth to check that the mechanism still worked, which it did, before rolling her sleeves back down. Taking two hunters knives and placing them on each leg holster strapped around her thighs, taking her single Bowie knife and sliding it effortlessly into the holster at the back of her trousers, on the waistband and finally shoving a set of throwing blades into her boots.

She whistled lightly, signalling Caster to land on her shoulder which he did and she quickly threw her hood up, walking down the stairs of her home. "Good morning Camila." Her roommate Ally greeted as she stepped into the kitchen where her final weapon awaited her. "Morning. I won't be back until later, you know the drill." Camila instructed her friend as she skilfully put on her back holster which was much heavier than the rest. "Yeah yeah, oh and here, I washed it for you." Ally said with a joyful voice as she handed over Camila's skull mask which went over her nose and mouth. "Thank you. If I'm late, I'll send Caster your way." Camila warned, knowing Ally hated worrying about her. "Alright, I'll make sure Polly is far away by then." Camila chuckled lightly at that statement.

Polly was Ally's crazy sister, Caster absolutely despised the woman, mainly because she tried to boss him around but another reason was that she always brought Raul, her cat around.

Camila quickly picked up her matte black spear, which was huge, coming just over her head. Without irritating Caster, she swiftly shoved the weapon downward, securing its place in the holster. Without another word, the woman and her companion took off into the streets, walking down the memorised path.