Epilogue

Last chapter. I'm sad that this beautiful love story is coming to an end, and I'm teary working on this right now, but it has to happen, so here it goes...

Aria's POV
      I laughed as I took a sip of my lemonade.
"I'm gonna punch you" Maddy warned. "You won't cause you're a darling" I reminded her.

     I watched from where I sat, as Derek held Cyrus Jr, while he spoke to Garrett. I felt my chest tug at the sight of both of them, my boys. It was Cyrus's first birthday today. I couldn't believe how much time flew by.

    "He won't let go of his father" I told Maddy, pointing to my son who hugged my husbands neck tightly.

     "Maybe its the martin curse" she pointed at Hermione who was in Garretts arms "maybe they'll never quite love us like they love their dads".

   I laughed as we clicked our glasses together in agreement.

    It was a small party really. We didn't want to introduce our son to the world of camera flashes and front pages just yet...although he had been there more than a dozen of times already.

     "I feel like I'm in second place when it comes to both their lives" I joked.

    "How?" Maddy looked at me, suddenly interested.

     "Take for instance, our wedding anniversary was last month, and Derek took me to a fancy dinner and got me these really cute earrings" then I went on "today is his sons first birthday and he had a tux custom made for him which almost rivals the cost of my engagement ring".

     She grinned, then laughed "we love em, we hate em"... I cut in, finishing her statement "we love to hate em" and we clicked our glasses again.

     In truth, I really loved their father son bond. Although there were times I was jealous  of their relationship, when I wasn't, I was happy ...about the life we had created and how beautiful it was.

    "Sorry I'm late" Dawn said, coming our way. She held a really huge present, wrapped up for her dear godson. She was really spoiling him, everyone of them spoilt him rotten.

    She put the present on the table filled with presents and came to hug us. "Where's he?" She asked, looking at my empty arms.

    "You find the father, you find the son" I told her. She laughed and looked around and my gaze followed hers, until it landed at the end of the pool, where Derek chatted with my dad, Gregor and Garrett.

   "Found em" she said, walking to where they were.

    "I'll go get the cake now" I said, standing up. "Need any help?" She asked, attempting to stand, but I stopped her. "Its fine. You're our guest after all". I walked back into the house, passing Sally and Stacy, who had Lily on her laps.

   I walked into the kitchen and went to the drawer to get a knife to cut the cake.

    I heard footsteps approaching, so I looked up. Sara walked in, with a larger than life wrapped present she was struggling to carry. She wore a black play suit and red designer flip flops. She had her sunshades on and when she dropped the present to the floor, I let out a laugh.

    "Laugh all you want" she said, with a smile as she came to hug me.

    "Where's Cyrus?" I asked when I noted his absence. "He's taking a business call" she said, leaning on the counter, noticing the three tiered cake in blue and white, which was race track themed, with the tracks spiraling down the cake to the finish line with was at the base of the cake. Blame Derek for being so elaborate.