Twenty-One

"He's going to be ready, right Luc?" I said on the phone to my sister. I had flown from California in the United States back to England for a long weekend. I was going to surprise Ben. He had told me he was having a tough time being away from each other. We're both filming in very different time zones, so it's a bit challenging to keep in contact and talk to each other.

   "Absolutely!" She told me, sounding very happy. "He's going to adore this. You're so great, Lycia." I loved my sister. Lucy was my world and had been since the day she was born. She was always my biggest fan and my best friend. So I knew I could trust her.

I walked onto the set where Lucy was waiting for me at the entrance. "Hi!" I said, running up to hug my little sister. We hugged each other tightly, smiling and laughing.

"I can't believe you're here!" She smiled as we let go of each other. "Alright, come with me. They're filming the Another One Bites the Dust scene." I walked with her to the soundstage they were on. It had been a while since I had been there. A lot had changed and they were almost nearing the end of the production.

The two of us creeped into the room, watching from behind the crowd of people. Rami and Ben were fighting in this scene. Just seeing Ben made my heart skip a beat. I felt like I could breathe again. I put my hand on my chest. It was difficult to not just run out and hug him. "And cut! Nice work, boys!"

People began to disperse, but the four boys stayed on the set, chatting and drinking waters. Lucy shoved me forward in front of the crowd. I took a few steps forward before Ben looked away from Joe and at me. "Bloody hell." He said quietly. The largest smile I had ever seen formed on his lips. "Alycia!" He yelled.

At this point, I broke into a run and leaped into his wide open arms. He held me so tightly as I buried my head in his shoulder. "Hi, love." I said, smiling at him. "Surprise!"

He placed me down on the ground but still clung to me like I would disappear. "I don't understand. How are you here? Why? What's happening?" He asked, grabbing my face gently.

   "I came to surprise you, hun. I missed you." I felt myself beaming. He pulled my face to his and our lips locked. It was the greatest kiss I ever had. I hadn't seen him in two months. He kissed me deeply and passionately before we broke.

   "I missed you! Oh fuck, I missed you." He put his arms around my waist, picking me up and spinning me around. "Goodness, I love you, Alycia Boynton." He smiled, putting me down.

   "I love you too, Benjamin Jones."