Seventeen

I did it. I came to the set of Bohemian Rhapsody. They all knew me, so security didn't mind that I just come in and out constantly whenever I chose to. I was nervous. I held my coffee tray tight in my hand as I marched over to where Ben's trailer, where he's always situated in the morning. We used to have a routine. I'd bring us both coffee in the morning, he'd steal bagels from the snack table and we'd eat breakfast together in the trailer before he became Roger Taylor. We stopped doing that over a month ago. It hurt so much to walk these steps again. I missed it so much.

I lifted my fist and knocked on the door. I went to knock a second time but the door swung open before I could even get the chance. Ben looked like he had ran from one side of the trailer to the other just to answer. I felt all my muscles loosen instantly as my blue eyes met his green ones. "Come in." He almost commanded, moving out of the way for me to enter. I walked in and put the tray with two coffees down on the table. He had two bagels waiting already.

"Oh my—" I said softly, swinging around to face him. Ben quickly wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me in close to him and burying his head in my shoulder. He held me tightly, and it made me feel so safe again. My arms traveled up and around his neck, pulling myself to him. I closed my eyes, taking it all in. I hadn't hugged him in a month. I haven't even seen him in a month. I inhaled, taking in his scent. He smelled good, as usual.

"Don't ever let me push you away again." He said in a muffled voice. Ben got like this sometimes. When major things really took a toll on him, he let his walls down and his emotions out. He squeezed me tighter.

"I won't. Don't let me go." I replied, rubbing my hand on his back comfortingly. He pulled away from me, putting his hands on my forearms. I did the same for him.

"Promise?" He asked, just like a child would have. It melted my heart.

"I promise you." I assured him. A small smile came across his lips. That smile always made me smile. He lowered his hands down into mine, interlocking his fingers with me. "You have to tell me something, now do it." I remembered our conversation from the night before. It's all I had been thinking about.

   "Alright." He said, clearing his throat. He looked down at our hands and paused for a moment. He was nervous and I could tell. I gave his hands a reassuring squeeze, which caused him to lock eyes with me again. "I love you, Alycia Boynton. I'm completely in love with you."

   I stood up on my toes, putting my hands on his face and bringing his lips to mine. He rested his hands gently on my waist. We kissed deeply before I broke you. "You're the love of my life, Benjamin Hardy."