"You sound far from the phone," Nat commented.

"Spiderman decided I wasn't going to stay here because 'Mr. Stark' told him not to trust me, so he webbed my hands to a chair. I can't exactly pick up the phone," you grumbled. Clint roared in laughter.

It wasn't long before Loki teleported back into the room. "Loki!" you called. He rushed over to you. "Are you ok? You weren't hurt?" you asked him frantically, tugging again at the webs over your hands.

"I'm fine, witchling. No one was injured. Hold still," he bid you softly as he knelt in front of you. He used a bit of magic to vanish the webs from your hands. You launched yourself at him, wrapping your arms around his neck.

"I was so worried. Are you sure you're ok?" you asked, still holding him too tightly.

"I am alright, darling. I can handle one mentally unstable teenager with a gun. No one was hurt, including one with the guns. The police are taking him to get some kind of mental health care. All of the students are fine. He focused his attention on me, which was the plan. Spiderman tied him up with those webs while he was busy shooting at illusions." Loki told you gently, holding you safely in his arms. "We are all alright. The students are scared, but none of them were injured,"

"Guys, come on. Press conference is starting!" Cap's voice came from your phone.

"Press conference?" you asked Loki softly.

"Captain Rogers wants to have a press conference to announce Spiderman as an ally and that I am working with the Avengers. He and Stark think it would do good for me to have some good press,"

You laughed. "Well, he's not wrong." You finally let him go and stood so you could grab your phone from the teacher's desk and shoved it in your jacket's pocket, while you zipped up the jacket to hide the image of Loki's helmet on your shirt, just in case you had to appear on TV. Loki offered you his arm. "Wait a sec," you bid him with a grin. This is the first time you'd seen him in costume since he'd come to live with you. You snapped a picture of him on your phone, and snagged a couple selfies with him, he even helped you get one of the two of you kissing before you finally agreed to go down to the press conference.

Nat met you at the entrance to the school. "Cap's going to do the talking. You two just need to stand there and look pretty. Try not to look like a couple," she grumbled. "Loki, you might have to answer questions. Try to at least be polite to the stupid Midgardians," she added.

"I can be polite," he replied. Nat glared at him, like she didn't believe him.

"Y/N, remind him to be polite," Nat told you firmly as she stepped out of the school to join the press conference.

"I don't know why she expects me to try to make you be polite or behave. I'm the one who wants to make the picture of me kissing you in that helmet my new profile picture..." you commented dryly.

"Profile picture?"

"I'll explain Facebook to you later. In essence, doing that would be about the fastest way in the universe to announce our relationship to all of my friends. Plus anyone who cares about the Avengers, so basically the entire world. I think the only faster way would be to make out during the press conference," you explained with a laugh. "But Cap would kill us both for that,"

"But that sounds like so much fun," he whined. You laughed harder.

"Not happening, trickster," you told him firmly.

"Fine. I will behave. This time. Soon?" he asked hopefully.

"Soon," you promised. "As soon as we get home if this press conference goes well,"

"Good. I wish for that spider to know that you are mine," Loki growled. Loki must've seen Peter's looks at you all day.

"Loki..." you said firmly. Thor had warned you that Loki had a possessive streak. You weren't surprised to see it now. You stood up on your toes to kiss him, giving him the reassurance he needed. "The spider has no chance. He's just acting stupid because my healing powers saved his life. He'll get over it," you reminded Loki.

"Stop making out, it's time," Clint told you from the door. You dropped back to your feet and let go of Loki. You followed Clint out of the school and Loki followed behind you.

The press conference was boring. You stood off to the side and just hoped that the attention would stay off of you. You weren't going to appear on TV unless the press pressed the issue on why Loki was here today. It hadn't exactly been announced that you were part of the team yet. Loki and Peter, both still in costume had to stand next to Cap while he talked about the good work they did here today and how Loki has been an asset to the team since he returned to Earth. He also introduced Spiderman as an ally and praised his work too. He spoke about the incident today and how the kid was getting psychological help. He credited the quick actions of Loki for the lack of injuries today.

The second the press conference ended, Loki escorted you back into the school, his clothes fading back to the suite he had been wearing all day, his hand on the small of your back as you walked. You weren't sure the cameras had stopped rolling, but you didn't argue with Loki either. "Happy is meeting us at the back of the school to drive us and the spider home," Loki explained.

"My bag is still in the cafeteria," you told him. He rolled his eyes, but it appeared on your back an instant later. "Thank you." Loki held the door open for you. Happy's car was parked right outside. Loki got you settled in it as quickly as he could. Peter was already in the back seat.

"That was so cool!" Peter exclaimed and started babbling about the fight and the press conference and every nuance of Tony's behavior towards him. It was annoying, but he didn't stop babbling so you didn't have to talk to him. "Oh, hey, Y/N. I was going to ask you at lunch, but we kinda got distracted. Do you want to go see the new Star Wars movie with me this weekend?" he was an overly enthusiastic puppy. You sighed.

"Sorry, Peter," you hated having to do this. Why did he have to be brave enough to ask? "I'm flattered, but I'm actually seeing someone..." you told him.

"Oh! No problem!" he said too brightly. You had to kick Loki's chair to get him to stop glaring. "I checked your Facebook. I thought..."

You shrugged. "Yeah, we haven't made it Facebook official yet. I'm sure that'll change soon," you added knowing exactly what Loki would be wanting to do the second you were safely back home.