"What are you looking for?" he asked as you rummaged through his clothes.

"Your robe," you commented, still shoving clothes aside in his closet. He went to his bathroom, grabbed the robe from the back of the door and handed it to you. You wrapped it around yourself, feeling better with another layer of clothes. Fear wasn't logical sometimes. You had been perfectly decently dressed before the robe, a t-shirt style pajama top and long pajama pants. It just felt safer somehow to be wrapped in Loki's too big robe, surrounded by the safety of something that smelled like him. A dagger the length of your forearm appeared in a sheath in his hand.

"Kindly do not stab me with this," he bid you as he handed it to you. There was no logical reason for you to go around your own home armed, but you strapped the sheath on under Loki's robe and felt better, safer to be armed. "You do have some of the same instincts as Lady Sif," he commented mournfully.

"I won't stab you," you promised him. You were feeling a bit better, a bit safer, but still wrapped your arms around one of his, holding him too tightly before you'd agree to leave the room. He made no comment on your behavior. You thought he might've just been glad you hadn't stabbed him.

The entire group looked shocked to see you when you got off the elevator downstairs. You hid behind Loki, only peering out from behind him at the others. "So, Kid, is Reindeer Games going to turn into a werewolf next month too?" Tony joked from where he was sitting on one of the couches with Pepper.

"He's immune," you quipped, but quietly, shy and more afraid than you wanted to admit.

"Be nice," Pepper scolded Tony.

Loki herded you onto a couch, somehow managing to settle you under a throw blanket next to Thor. He kissed your forehead. "I will fix you something to eat. Stay. Visit your family. Thor will keep you perfectly safe, or he will have to face my wrath,"

"He is mean when he is angry and creative in his retaliation," Thor whined, earning him a giggle from you. Loki gave you a real smile that you were able to relax enough to laugh. He left to go cook something.

"Weren't expecting to see you again for a few days," Clint pressed the issue.

You looked away from him, speaking directly to your lap, fiddling with the blanket out of nerves. "I think it's safe to say that none of you believe I'm a werewolf," you commented innocently, earning some laughs and some 'duh's.

"So are you going to tell us what the actual story is?" Tony demanded. He was quickly pelted by pillows and other small, harmless objects for interrupting and pressing you for answers

"Thor and Nat already know," you hedged, but took a breath and pressed on. "My magic is Asgardian. Apparently all the Asgardian women lose their powers a few days every month," you weren't clarifying that point any further. If the guys couldn't figure it out that was their fault.

Loki came back then with two bowls of some creation that had eggs, cheese, sausage, potatoes, and sausage gravy. He handed one to you and settled himself next to you. You cuddled up next to him while you ate the breakfast he had made, which was delicious.

"So her behavior is normal?" Cap asked Thor and Loki a little skeptically. A whole race of defensive scared females was unlikely.

"Fairly, especially considering that she did not know about this until last night. Most of the ladies will simply choose a companion whom they feel safe around while they are feeling vulnerable," Loki actually volunteered the answer, which was strange for him. He was usually reserved around the group.

"Which is why you did better last month," Nat added kindly. You had stuck to her like a shadow for days last month. You nodded, but focused most of your attention on breakfast, and not on your family discussing your weird behavior.