04

Jonah's pov

I was just standing there, not able to move or even say something to him.
I can't believe my eyes. Daniel is completely destroyed. He has a black eye, some fresh bruises and....he is crying. I can tell that he's probably feeling the worst pain ever. Is this a nightmare? What happened to him? And why? And who did this?

I just wanted to hug him and never let him go. But I was afraid to even touch him cause I don't want to hurt him even more.

After a while I was finally able to say something.

"Can I....can I go in?" my voice was shaking and my eyes started to tear up. He just nodded, so I went in and he closed the door.

Daniel's pov

I closed the front door when he got into the house, then turned to him but still not looking at him. I just can't cause I would completely broke down. But I was just so thankful for him coming here. He was the only person in the whole universe I wanted see at this hard time.

He came closer to me but I could tell he was scared to even touch me. I just needed to feel someone close to me who finally doesn't hurt me. So I hugged him tightly and hid my face into his shoulder. It took some time, but he hugged me rubbing my back softly and he placed a kiss on the top of my head. This made me blush but fortunately he couldn't see it.

We were standing there hugging like forever, but we just didn't want to separate. Not yet.

After some time we pulled away, but just to look into each others eyes. His eyes were filled with tears too.

"Who did this to you?" he asked me almost just whispering.

"Ben." I said while I was still crying. I can't stop. It hurts too much. Not just physically, but mentally. Which is even worse.

"How long is this been going on?" he asked me with a fear in his voice.

"More then...3 months." these words were cutting my heart. As I said them out loud I felt the goosebumps all over my body. Unbelievable. 3 months? I swear it was like 3 years.

Jonah was shocked when he heard what I said. He was speechless but no wonder, I would be too if someone would tell me that they've been treated like shit for so long. He just pulled me into an other hug but it felt so good. After a really long time I finally felt safe.

"Why didn't you tell me anything about this?" he asked me. "I would..."

"Call the police?" I interrupted him and pulled away from him. "You think I haven't tried it?... It's not that easy." I said.

"Why?" he was confused.

"Cause he has some friends there.....every time he does something stupid or bad, he just simply get out of it because they help him....even if he would kill me, which almost happened yesterday, he wouldn't be arrested....trust me....there's no way out of this situation." I was sobbing uncontrollably, falling apart in Jonah's arms. I can't handle it.

Jonah was trying to hold me back from falling. He was at least strong enough to catch me.

"Come sit down on the couch." he said while we were slowly heading to the couch in the living room. I sat down with him on my right side. I was crying so hard. I hid my face into my hands while he put his arm around my shoulders and pressed his head to mine.

"How can I help you Daniel?" he asked me. I could feel his breath on my neck. Honesty for the first time ever I really enjoyed his closeness and it was like a cure for my current mental health. It maybe doesn't make any sense but I felt a little bit better. So I guess it would help if we could be together? This sounds so stupid I swear. But I mean you never try, you never know. Right?

"Can you...stay with me?" I asked him and turned to him. He smiled at me weakly.

"Of course I can. But not in this house." he said looking around. "I'm gonna take you with me to my house. Ben has no clue where I live, right?"

"He doesn't even know you exist. So don't worry." I smiled weakly.

"Go get your stuff." Jonah said. So we stood up from the couch and went upstairs to pack.

Jonah's pov

We were walking up the stairs. When we got to Daniel's room I could see the broken door which got me goosebumps. But then we stepped in and I noticed the blood on the floor.

"Oh my god." I whispered. Daniel turned his head to me.

"I'm sorry...I.... I was trying to clean it up but I feel so weak right now that I can barely walk." he said looking at the ground while slowly sitting down on his bed for resting a bit.

"Don't say sorry.... It's not your fault that this happened to you." I said while I was opening his wardrobe and packing his clothes and stuff into a bag I found there.

After almost 20 minutes we were done and ready to leave, when we suddenly heard the front door opening downstairs. We looked at each other with a fear on our faces.

"It's Ben." Daniel whispered to me with his eyes tearing up again.