Chapter 4 Part 2: I'm not a child anymore

Continued...

"Look dad. I was at a club and my friend, the guy you just saw, accidentally spilled a drink on me. He felt bad and decided to drive me home. I'm not  intoxicated. And the guy is just a friend."

I just lied to my father! He's a lawyer and he's really good at telling if someone is lying or not. I tried my best to keep eye contact and avoid fidgeting. Truth is I had a headache and just wanted to go to sleep.

"Are you sure honey? You wouldn't lie to me right?" He said with the most innocent look on his face.

So let me give a little backstory. All my life I've always been really close to my dad and I've never lied to him about anything. He's always been my best friend. I've never needed to lie to him because he's always been understanding. But soon as I became 18 I wasn't his little girl anymore. Honestly I don't want to be. I love my dad but I've grown up. I can tell that he still wants me to be his little girl though. I can't tell him I lied to him. And i definitely am not telling him that I am drunk too.

"Of course not. I'd never lied to you."

"Okay. Well Goodnight Pain." He said with a sigh of relief.

I went upstairs to my room. I called Keyshia to check on her I haven't talked to her in a bit. She answered on the last ring.

"Hey girl!!" She said.

"Hey boo! How you been?"

"Pretty good to be honest how about you?"

"Great.." I continued and spilled all the tea I've had this week. I even told her about lying to my dad. I heard someone at my door. In walked my oldest brother, Dom.

"Where you just standing there the whole time?" I asked.

"Nah but I did hear the last part. So you might as well tell me everything." He laughed and sat on my bed.

He looked at me serious this time. "You know it's going to break dad's old heart when he finds out you lied to him. Even I can see you are drunk."

Tears started to form in my eyes. I don't know if it was because I was drunk and my emotions were rumbled up it or because i genuinely wanted to cry.  It was true. It is going to break my dad's heart. I know it seems like a little lie but trust is a big theme in my family.

I looked at my brother and he looked at me he touched my leg and then walked off. He stopped at the door and said. "That's all you. Goodnight Pain." He closed the door.

I got a text from Kevin that said he made it home. I replied with "Good! And Goodnight 😘".
He said, "Goodnight 😍".

I woke up with a hangover. I decided to get in the shower. When I got out I got dressed and walked down stairs. My mom and dad were sitting on the couch. I said Good morning but they didn't reply. My mom walked up to me and I could tell she was mad. "What is it?" I said.

"Give me your keys." She said with an attitude.

"No. Why?" I asked. I'm already not in the mood and now some new bullshit.

"Because you lied to your dad last night."

"What?!"

"Give me your keys!" She said frustratingly.

"I'M NOT A KID ANYMORE!!" I yelled. I'm tired of everyone treating me like I'm a kid. "Thats why I'm moving out of here in a few months."
I could see the hurt and pain in both of my parents eyes. It was like I had slapped both of them in the face and there was no taking it back.

__________________________________________________
Okay so this part got intense.  Do y'all think she was wrong for lying to her dad? Is 18 too young to be treated like an adult? Are her parents going to kick her out? How did they find out she lied? Stay tuned lovess!