Chapter Six

Dylan's P. O. V

"Cheers!" The green beer bottles clink against each and their contents flow down our ready throats. The low classic music from the stereos hum below the voices from various tables in the room. The light is bright enough to see various faces, all which I'm familiar with. They are all employees, relieving their tiredness and maybe the monotony of their work, free their exhausted minds and bodies with a cold drink and a spicy conversation. The Rummy Pub is cool, from the air conditioners that ensure its clients comfort and relaxation.

"I've never doubted you Dylan, "Gary says after a long sip of his beer. His tanned skin defines his African American roots and the dark hair on his head coils softly on his head. As my colleague for five years, we've been fond of each other and consider each other more than friends; something like brothers, despite our different backgrounds.

"You almost did," I reply after taking a drink."But once again I proved you wrong."

Gary laughs softly, "Maybe I was a bit paranoid about the presentation, " he places his bottle on the table, "Was it a walk in the park like all the rest? "

I drink the beer and gulp it down, thinking about the meeting, "Hard to say. This one was different from any I've ever attended. "

Gary raises his eyebrows, his hand on the bottle ,"How different? "

I narrate to Gary the whole incident from overtaking the last parking space to the meeting in the board room. "You can't tell me that the parking space was the only thing that made that guy angry? "

"Who's this 'guy' you're referring to? " Gary quotes my word.

My mind goes back to my thoughts of Nalla. Her silver eyes whose kindness was covered by ruthless. Her bodice that curved in her black dress and the red lips that twitched whenever I was in her presence. "It's a woman actually, "I sheepishly confess.

Gary's eyes widen and he leans on the the table, "Judging from your duration to reply and the look on your face, I bet she's really attractive. "

I stare at the green bottle in my hand but don't make any effort of moving it, "Yeah, really attractive. A sugar plum, has everything but... "

"She's married? "

"No, not that I saw any wedding ring on her finger."

"She has a chronic disease? "

My face cringes at that, "Well she looked fit to me. "

"Maybe she's a lesbian,"Gary jests. A short silence hovers on the table but the background music plays on as I glare at him. Sometimes Gary can be such a weirdo. The smell of cider lingers in my mouth as I adjust my dropped face. "I meant to say that she doesn't look happy, " I continue, " she's all stern and stone faced that her employees fear her, and she is the C.M.O ,Chief Marketing Officer whom I had taken her reserved parking space. "

"What? Didn't you realize you were risking the job? "

I take a drink as my Adam's apple bobbles in my throat," I didn't know she was the C.M.O. until the meeting. I thought she was just a random employee or a visitor to the company. Good thing I'm blessed with this, " I tap my temple with a grin.

"Sneaky fox, " Gary says as he drinks his beer. We laugh for a while before I shoot up, "There's something bothering her, and I'll try to finger her out. It's like the sadness inside her is eating her up. "

"Hey," Gary's face straightens and I see the seriousness in his hazel eyes, "Don't forget what you went for, okay? "

An image of Nalla pops up in my mind which I quickly push at the back of my mind, "Of course I can't,"  I sit back at the cushioned seat, " I know what I'm doing."

Gary looks past me with interest. He quickly shifts them back to him, "Hey, there are some hot chicks checking us out." He bounces his eyebrows to their direction. I turn back and see two ladies smiling and giggling talking to each other on the table behind us.

"Then why don't we check in? " I smirk at Gary as we carry our bottles heading to their table.

××××××××××××××××××××

So guys what do you think of Dylan? Cute! I know... 😊 but has he fallen for Nalla? I'd like to hear from you.

And what of Gary? Give me your thoughts about him as well.

For the time being, comment vote and also share😉 your opinion matters.
Thank you! Lots of love❤❤❤