Chapter Four

Dylan's P.O.V

"You're gonna nail it Dylan, "a casual voice echoes in the car from the Bluetooth speaker.

"Of course I'll nail it, " I say enthusiastically, "I always do." I smoothly turn the steering wheel and sit back on my driver seat watching my gold cuff links shining on the sun's rays. I breathe in the minty air to ease my anxiety on the traffic jam. The tinted windows are shut to the top to escape the bustling outside world.

"Just don't overdo the presentation, okay? " The casual voice says again, "The presentation is about business, not you."

I laugh lightly and look at myself in the mirror. I smile at my reflection, seeing my neatly combed raven black hair not to perfection but it's strands curling above my royal blue eyes that reflect pride in myself. The dimples that set in my cheeks dig beautifully when I smile and the blue tie that matches my eyes perfectly is tied around the neck collar of my spotless white shirt. The expensive Italian three piece suit fits me perfectly and shows the gains of hours of gym workouts.

"The presentation may be about business, " I rub my chin lightly, "but the business has to do with me, Gary. "

Gary heaves a deep sigh on the other side of the line as I step on the accelerator and drive my way out of traffic. "You always have to toot your own horn, Dylan," his voice suddenly turns serious, "you know this project is important to us, and more important to Pete." At the name mentioned, I swallow hard. I know better than to joke about that.

I veer towards the road that leads to the company building. I love my sweet ride, my black Volkswagen four wheel drive. It's speed and boldness seems to define me. "I know Gary, " I answer after a few seconds of thought, " the project will be a masterstroke, I promise. "

Another sigh. "I believe it will. We'll talk about it later. "

"Sure, no problem."

I hung up the call and drive towards the parking lot. I check my watch. It's five minutes to eight o'clock. The meeting is about to start. The parking lot has one remaining spot which is reserved, maybe for an executive of the company. A red Chevrolet approaches fast towards the spot. I don't want to waste more time looking for another parking space outside the building and I care less who the reserved space is for. I'll beat the red car to the parking space because to me, rules are meant to be broken, right?

I drive past the red car without a care. A shrill screech of tyres is heard behind me. I knew the car couldn't hit me, and if it did, well, I'd sort myself out.

As soon as the car is parked, a car door slams and clanking heels approach fast. I take a look at the side mirror and see a woman walking towards my car. She looks angry for me to take an empty parking spot, which probably isn't hers. I'll outsmart her, I tell myself. I know these things. I grab my briefcase and get out of the car and I'll have to hurry to be in time for the meeting.

I step out of the car proudly and adjust my suit, ignoring the assumed old lady in a suit. "What's wrong with you? Can't you see where you're driving? " she asks angrily. Old ladies can be so annoying at times. I quirk my eyebrow and turn to her direction, "Excuse me? " As the last word leaves my mouth, I get the real picture of who I'm talking to.

She isn't an old lady as I'd assumed. She's young, very young, with her golden hair neatly tied to a bun and her silver eyes glimmering along with her diamond studs. Her black official full sleeved dress hugs her and curves her body to an hourglass figure. She looks like a lovely portrait straight out of painting of a professional artist. And her lips, her red lips looks so sweet to...

I immediately shake away the thought. I've seen many beautiful and lovely women, but none have interested me like her. I'll have to go easy on her, despite her stern and angry look.

"I said you need to have an eye check up cause it's clear that you can't see what is in front of you."

Her strong rose perfume gives a sweet ambience in the distance between us. I'll outsmart her, I say to myself. I push aside whatever thought I have of her and look back at her with a serious face. "I think it's you who needs a check up, not me. My car was already ahead of you when you decided to speed your car."

She seems to be taken aback. She stares at me in shock. Then again she doesn't want to back down, "Then why on earth did you park in my space? Didn't you see the reserved sign? Oh that's right, you can't see! "

Wow, I gape, what a tough cookie. Guess she woke up on the wrong side of the bed. But I know how to break her. I glance at the sign, "But I don't see your name on it, " I smirk at her, "Do you? "

She drops her face suddenly, lacking the right words to say. I smirk at myself, I've done it. I know I'm always right, even when I'm wrong. I catch her meeting my gaze then turns away like a shy little girl. Maybe it's the shame of being defeated.

Time has flown by and I'd be sorry if I were late. Before I leave, I want to rub in my victory,"You resemble today's weather," I take a glimpse of the cloudy sky, "try to improve on it, will you? "

The look on her face is priceless! I'd have laughed it off had I not been in a hurry. I leave her for speechless and strut to the building, satisfied with myself for this win.