Chapter Three

Hey guys! Sorry for taking so long on the writing. school and stuff. but hey, keep updated as always. love you!

****************************************************************************************

I look ahead and gritted my teeth anxiously. I wiggle on my red Chervolet four wheel drive seat and tap on the steering wheel to calm myself. My vehicle and those ahead and behind me have been on a standstill for almost twenty minutes. I preen in the mirror, slightly touching my tight bun hair that reflected the morning rays under the cloudy sky and the red lipstick that shouts with fierceness.

Mondays have always been an awful day existing in the history of calendars for me. From the rush hour to the weekend hangovers to the unlucky occurrences, I always feel relieved when I called it a day.

I turn to the window and watched as people of all walks of life scurry on and wish I could get out of the car and join them. The low roars of engines and the smell of diesel and smoke is making me tired already. The time on the clock radio blinks half past seven. By the way I see the traffic going, I'm sure as hell I'll be late for work, and later for the meeting with the stakeholders.

The memory of Saturdays date crosses my mind and I shudder. What a nightmare! I don't even want to think about it again. The thought of it makes me disgusted.

Finally, I breathe. The traffic is in motion and I step on the accelerator and drive away from the road. I'm racing against time, no pun intended. The building appears nearer as I drive , and I accelerate faster before traffic starts again.

I drive towards the remaining parking space and set to park my car and dash to the office. I'm about to drive towards the parking space, when a black Volkswagen four - wheel drives ahead of me with swift speed that I press on the brake pedal forcefully, making the tyres screech loudly and griping the wheel tightly.

I curse the driver after my racing heart calms down. The car drives to the reserved parking space and halts, as though waiting for a compliment. I look at the car with utter shock. The driver almost hit my car for Christ's sake! It just got out of the mechanic's the previous day and this reckless driver wants it back there?! Anger rages in me as I unbuckle my seatbelt and get out of my car to give this person a piece of my mind.

The door opens as I approach the car. My stilettos clank as I walk and I create a mental picture of me folding my sleeves and knocking the lights out of this guy, or lady, I don't care who it is. The driver is attempting to slash my account and has successfully made it to my Ruin-my-day list.

Shining black loafers step out of the vehicle and delicately step on the cemented ground. A tall dark haired guy steps out of the car, holding a black briefcase on his right hand, that matches his fitting Italian three piece suit that speaks of athletic masculine structure. Some pride this guy has, I huff as I watch the man looking from side to side while adjusting his coat and its sleeves.

"What's wrong with you? Can't you see where you're driving?!" I blurt out. The guy turns to my direction with an arched brow as though he'd not noticed my presence. My eyes nearly spring out of their sockets. The guy has royal blue eyes; eyes that pull at me, eyes I'd compare to the depths of the ocean.

"Excuse me?" He calmly asks. I'm engulfed in his strong musky fragrance that whispers desire on it.

I forcefully blink the thought away. I'm furious with this guy; really furious. "I said," I leer at him, "You need to have an eye check up because it's clear that you can't see what is in in front of you."

"I think it's you who needs a check up, not me," he replies modestly. "My car was already ahead of you're when you recklessly sped your car."

I have never seen this guy in the company, so I presume he is visitor. And if he isn't, I'll make sure he gets fired. How can he speak to me like that? Does he even know who he is speaking to?

"Then why on earth did you park in my space?" I'm not going to give in easily, "didn't you see the RESERVED sign? Oh that's right, you can't see."

The guy too gives a brief glance at the sign and purses his lips,"But I don't see your name on it," his voice sounds professional, "Do you?"

Seriously, who is this brazen guy?! I ask herself. I glare at him and our eyes meet. His eyes pull at me, searching mine. I avoid his gaze and face the other side.

Before I utter another word, the stranger speaks up," You resemble today's weather," he smirks at me, "try to improve on it, will you?" The edge of his lips tilt to the side as he walks away to the building.

I stand at the parking lot with many questions crossing my mind. He's just left my mouth agape and dared cross my line, let alone brush my wrong feathers. How awful can this day get? I swear to myself to find the guy and give him a taste of his own medicine.