~Mirkwood~

We trotted together on the ponies Beorn was kind enough to let us borrow. I rode in between Bilbo and Kili, with Bilbo staying ever so closer. It was obvious that he wasn't to fond of Kili being so close to me and tried his best to keep him away. After a moment of riding I saw out of the corner of my eye Bilbo lean closer to me.

"Why in Durin's name, does Kili keep staring at you, like that?" Bilbo asked his eyes darting between me and Kili. I shrugged and kept my head forward.

"I honestly haven't the faintest idea. I am not a sight to behold." I said a hint of sadness in my voice. I heard Bilbo sigh and lean back onto his pony.

"I can't wait for the day." He said quietly a small chuckle escaping his lips. I turned my head confusion in my e/c eyes.

"What day?" I asked making him chuckle again.

"The day when you realize just how beautiful you really are. You are by far the prettiest hobbit in the Shire! No wonder why all those lovesick hobbits chased after you. Your to selfless and humble." Bilbo said making me roll my eyes.

"Your only saying that because your my brother. You're just being nice." I said as we rode on.

"No I'm not and I'm sure I can get Mr. Googly eyes to agree with me." Bilbo said gesturing to Kili who had turned away from me as soon as he realized I had noticed him staring, his face beat red. I felt my face heat up and I looked back at the path feeling very confused at why a Dwarven prince would be staring at nothing more than a halfling.

"You shouldn't assume things, Bilbo. It's not good." I said quietly. I heard Bilbo chuckle and I looked up at him.

"I can tell you it's more than an assumption." He grumbled, shooting Kili one last glare as we rode closer to the sickly forest. When we were just outside of it's edge, Gandalf dismounted his pony, causing all of us to stop. I raised my head and stared at the gloomy forest and gulped. The forest looked as if would reach out an drag us all in. I took a deep breath and felt fear an nervousness rise in me, and a new feelings of something bad rose high in my stomach. I was about to dismount my own pony, reluctantly, when I felt a arm hand be placed on mine. I my head snapped to the side meeting the happy eyes of Kili. He smiled goofily up at me and took his hand off of mine and held it out o me.

"Need some help?" He asked with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and took his hand, very much enjoying his touch and hoped down from my pony. Once we were both down, I felt my face heat up once I realized I was still holding Kili's hand. I looked down, my face now very red and warm. I quickly tried to let go of his hand in utter embarrassment but his hand only tightened it's grip. I looked back up at him in confusion only to be met with his signature smirk.

"Your hands are ice." He whispered as he squeezed my hand once more. I looked away my face now on fire. I caught sight of Bilbo stand a little ways away from the group glaring at Kili and I's interlocked hands. I let out a small laugh but turned back when Gandalf stood at the edge of the forest looking over what appeared to be an elven gate.

"The Elven Gate." He said aloud getting all of ours attention as the rest dismounted their ponies.

"Here lies our path through Mirkwood." Gandalf said as he looked back at us. I heard Dwalin sigh an I turned to see him dismounting his pony as well.

"No sign of orcs. We have luck on our side." He said gruffly as he walked around the group his eyes peeling across the green plains. I was about to comment when my eyes caught something off in the distance. A large brown bear sat a top a hill gazing over us as if protecting us. I silently thanked Beorn and his help as I turned back to Gandalf who had also seen the bear.