The Warrior and The Princess [PART 2]

She slowly opened her eyes and saw Nova sleeping right beside the bed. She rolled her eyes and noticed she was inside her quarters.

"How did I get here?" she wondered. She tried to get up but the pain on her chest and left shoulder stopped her. She looked outside the window near her. It was already morning.

"Oh, you're awake." said the woman who just came in.

"P-Princess Mirana?" she was surprised. "W-What are you doing here?"

"I'm taking care of you, of course." She put down the basket full of fruits on the table next to her. Nova got up and stretched her body. Then she went outside and played with Sagan, Mirana's pet.

"Nova had to carry you all the way here."

"Why didn't you kill me when you got the chance?"

"Luna--."

"They chose you to kill me. Yet you didn't do it. Why?"

"Because... It's a great loss if I kill you."

"Is that really the reason?" Luna looked deep into Mirana's eyes.

"...No..." Mirana sighed.

"Then tell me the truth, Mirana."

Mirana sat beside her, and said, "The reason why I didn't kill you is because, I believe that you are innocent. That what happened that night was an accident."

"It was no accident. If only I was not proud and stubborn. If only I followed the orders back then, we would have never lost so many soldiers, comrades, family members, and friends. Up until now, the relatives of the lost are still mourning on their losses. And it's all my fault. We can never ever change that. Because of me all of them died for nothing."

"They didn't die for nothing, Luna. They gave up their lives for what they believed was right and true."

"You should have killed me that night."

"Will you please stop?!" Mirana yelled at her. Luna flinched.

"...Just...Stop..." Tears brewed down from Mirana's eyes. She leaned over, putting her hands on Luna's bandaged chest.

"You are right." she said softly. "I should have killed you that night. You are a stupid, stubborn, and an egocentric warrior. But you are also my friend. You have a great heart and strength that none could match. I... I can't stand seeing you destroy your life with that one mistake. I don't want to see you suffer, bearing that guilt that you carry on your shoulders for the rest of your life. The scars from the past left you nothing but burden. Remember the promise we made years ago? I want to see you fight for what you believe is right, and prove to everyone that you deserve a second chance. That's why, don't give up just yet. Not now."

Luna gently pressed her right hand against Mirana's face and wiped the tears flowing from her eyes.

"I'm sorry." she said. "I caused so much burden, even unto you. I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Mirana whispered. They were silent for a few moments.

"Take some rest. It's not good to move too much in your condition. You're lucky my arrow didn't pierce all the way through."

"I know."

Luna drifted into a deep slumber, feeling the warmth in her chest. Until such time her wounds were fully healed.

When night came, the two of them ran on the plains and into the woods, hunting, and fighting against those that bring chaos in the peaceful nights. It was a fulfillment. A fulfillment of the promise they made a long, long time ago...

To own and rule the night...together.

A/N: Well? What do you think? More Dota 2 Fanfic stories coming SOON! Yay! \(^o^)/ Anyways...don't forget to vote or comment. (^v^)