Chapter~Ten

"I heard you now have a son."

The words kept echoing around his head. Intense, and somewhat bothersome. He shouldn't have kept it a secret from them, especially Gabriella who was no more than a good friend to him. She had always wanted more from him though which he had turned down her offer numerous times. Maybe that's one of the reasons she is mad he could easily impregnated a maid, while he couldn't spare her a single day from his busy schedule.

"Where is he!?" Gabriella suddenly squeal out in joy. "Please tell me you brought him here?"

Giving himself a shake back to reality, Chris frowned up at his happy female friend. His two friends, Micheal and Mike equally surprised at her odd behavior.

"Oh please, don't give me that look.
"she said to them, and unceremoniously made herself comfortable on his office desk, her heels came off as she slide her pretty long legs across Mike's laps. A pretty wink from her when Mike gaze at her questioningly, but reluctantly complied and began massaging her legs.

Chris inwardly smirk. Guessed it was Mike's turned to massage her feet. He on the other hand also wasn't left behind when it's comes to taking care of their friend's needs. A year older than her, he still treated her like his very own younger sister. That's why he hadn't wanted anything to do with her except friendship.

"Tell me," Garbiella began, keeping her gaze on the working Mike and at the same time sending a glance at Chris's direction. "How did happen?"

"Shit happens, Gabriella."

"So I see." Gabriella muttered, but still not convinced with his reply. She tried again. "How did you met her?"

"She's a maid."

Now, Gabriella eyes grew wide in shock. "A maid!" He could hear the doubt in her voice. "There's no way you would sleep with a maid, Chris!. You're better than that."

Mike snorted now, obviously mad he was giving a task by her despite not voicing out his protest. "just because you were caught giving Chris head two years ago doesn't mean his taste is only on pretty elegant women—" Mike yelled at Garbiella smacked him on the face without warning. "What the hell, Gab!!?"

Chris winced. Just shoot him already. "Guys! Please!"

Gabriella had began attacking Mike now, but luckily Micheal had came to his rescue and pulled her back from attacking his face.

"Calm down, Gabriella. Mike is a fool who doesn't know how to talk."

"I agreed with you!" Gabriella stormed her feet on the cold moble floor. Intending to attack again, but was stopped short as Micheal placed her on his laps. Caging her. Gabriella quiet down as Chris began to talk.

"Guys please, can you all just stay quiet for a bit, and let me explain to you what you all needs to know?" he glared at Mike but said nothing. His friend should know better than dwelling on the past. What happened two years ago was a big mistake he wouldn't allow to ever happen between them again.

"Where is your son?" Gabriella asked, wipping the betraying tone off her face. "Can I see him?"

Chris shook his head. "No."

"Why?" She pouted knowing Chris would fall for it.

But Chris on the other hand wasn't having any of it as he shook his head once again. "I wish I can, but the mother of my son...." he trailed off as he almost gave himself up. Only Mathew and Mike knows about Emma. He was sure as hell Gabriella would get mad if she get to know he had impregnated his mother's househelp . He cleared his throat, bracing his raising heart from shooting out of his chest. She wasn't his mother for goodness sake. A good friend she has always been. But this was his personal life which she got no say in it. "If you want, I can take you to him."

Gabriella squealed, causing Chris brow to raise suspeciously. She looked sincerely happy. But why?

"But first," Chris stopped the happy lady. "I've got to finish from here."

Gabriella gambled, but knowing she had no other way to persuade Chris to damn his work and just take her to his baby already.

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

In the late afternoon, two past three, knowing it was Blue's time to eat. Emma hurriedly made her chores in one piece, varying after a few tons and knows her son wouldn't take her delay anymore. At six months old, Emma had began to consider stopping Blue's breastfeed, but the only thing stopping her from doing just that is because of her doctor's advice. If she wants her son to grow just like her, strong and healthy, she needs to keep breastfeeding until he turns eight or twelve months old to the least.

Stepping towards her baby's cot, Emma glanced at it and saw her baby's blue eyes staring at her with pure love and adoration. Blue had began to love her so much he could barely leave her side for a minute. Well, except if his dad wasn't there of course. He loves his dad equally.

Such a smart little boy her son is turning into.

Emma took a step forward and bent over her baby, her eyes misting in love.

"oh my sweet little boy," Blue's arms were outstretched to be carried already. But Emma wasn't having any of it yet. "I've got to clean our room, baby." Knowing rejection from his mother, Blue began to wail out. "Baby, can you just—" The door cracked opened, causing her to paused as she whirled around to stare at the intruder-—no, intruders.

Emma watched as Chris quietly closed the door behind him, a beautiful tall brunette by his side who glanced at her with a wide smile on her face, and then at her son's cot who had suddenly gone quiet too as he sensed his father's presence.

"Oh my gosh!" Gabriella squeaked as she pushed her way towards Blue's cot, her eyes wide as she stared down at him. "He is so beautiful!" she touch his soft cheeks which Blue welcomed with an open arms as he giggled. "Can I hold him?" Gabriella suddenly turned to the angry quiet looking Emma.

"No." Emma picked up Blue from his cot and snuggled him possessively to her chest, the brunette and Chris taken aback by her response.

Chris frowned. "What did you mean by no?. He's my son."

Emma wrapped Blue tight against her, eyes flaring in disagreement. "There's no way am going to allow your girlfriend carry my son."

Asserting her own words on the situation made Chris totally pissed. But luckily, Gabriella came to his rescue.

"I'm not his girlfriend, sweetheart." Gabriella smiled as she noticed what was going between them. "I only came to see my best friend son."

Emma took a deep breath. But didn't back down. "Why?"

"I'll take him." Emma stood frozen in place as Chris unceremoniously took her baby from her and handed him to the brunette.

"Take him outside. I want to have a talk with her."

It's took a minute or two for Emma to recover as the door gently closed behind them, her son gone from her hands as she watched him happily get hold by some brunette she doesn't know exist until now.

"How dare you take my son!?" she flared, jamming her feet to the door but was stopped by Chris strong arms wrapped around her Petite body. She was putting on an outfit which barely covers her because of her baby fat. She might not be considered fat considering she still looked so skinny. However, after giving birth to Blue, she had on a little weight which most men call sexy.

"Stay still, Emma!" his tone command.

"And if I don't!?"

"Don't dare me, Emma."

"Let go of me!" She tried wiggling herself out of his hold. "Give me my son back?"

"Or what?" Chris dark eyes pieced hers. The depth daring her to defy him. When the maid slowly calmed down a bit, he stood back and gave her a chance to breathe.

Still trying to maintain her regularly breathing, Emma choked out as Chris said. "We get married tomorrow."

"Tomorrow!?"

A/N

I'll try and publish much longer chapter next week.