Chapter Two

The picture above or on the side is Kimberly Wingate.

Oliver

I leaned back into the comfortable armchair in my study as my eyes skimmed through the contents on my computer screen. The way things were looking, I needed to contact the Human Resource Department to deal with finding a new closer and lawyer for the next conference.

My father had signed a contract with Inofex last month and that meant that another branch of Woodling Inc. would be made in Egypt. Stretching my arms above my head, I yawned and dropped my arms before staring back at the computer. I loved this job and all, but it really took a toll on me sometimes.

It was Friday and despite my roudy social circles, I haven't had the leisure to go out for a while now. With all the paperwork that I was bombarded with, going out to a pub or somewhere lively to enjoy my night would be almost sinful.

"What a lousy Friday you are," I muttered under my breath, wishing that I could unleash my wrath onto the week.

I sometimes wondered if my sister regretted leaving everything behind. She even refused the fortune, saying that she didn't want a family full of business folks and would make a new generation of laid back Woodlings. I didn't understand her point because there are plenty of laid back Woodlings.

Now she's married to a famous artist and has two kids. Her music dream was a success and she even started her own record label. Even though our family is respected everywhere and our businesses flourished quickly, Rebecca deserved the spotlight that shone on her. Not only is she a very talented singer, but she worked hard to follow her dreams.

I heard the door open and my eyes shifted there immediately. Walking towards me was Lora Woodling with small smile gracing her pretty face. Her dark brown curls were in a ponytail and her equally brown gaze danced nervously.

"Hi, Dad," she greeted.

I returned her smile while ignoring the hands that she suspiciously hid behind her back. "Hello, Lora. What brings you here? Aren't you supposed to be on a playdate with Jen and Robby?"

"I am." She stopped when she reached the front of my table. "But I need to ask you for something before I go."

My eyes widened in surprise. Lora rarely asked for things. "And what is that?"

She freed her hands from behind her back and put a pink flyer on my desk. I looked down at the black words printed on it and Lora pursed her lips as she fiddled with her fingers timidly.

I got it and begun to read aloud.

                            •

Ravida Ballet School. School of classical ballet and elegance.

Attire must be of the colour white or baby pink for the females and black or navy blue for the males.

Classes are on Tuesday, Thursday (at noon 2pm) and Saturday (in the mornings, specifically 10am).

Classes are for 2 hours.

Fees are to be given according to how long you would like your lessons to be.

Deadline of entry: 7th April, 2019.

Accepting people of all ages.

                             •

I put it back on the desk and stared at my daughter. "You want to learn ballet?" I asked, confused.

She nodded. "Yes, please. Jen already signed up."