𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

Ariel was nervous to say the very least. She had put on the exact outfit her friends had told her to, down to the platform shoes she had gotten at goodwill a couple months back. She got most of her clothes from thrift stores, or from sales racks, which of course isn't a problem, but she was about to be hanging out with an academy award nominee, who didn't seem like he'd be impressed with the white blouse she had gotten for six dollars. She worked at a bookstore, struggling to pay for her share of the apartment with her best friend Arthur. Then again, so did Arthur, working at the comic book store down the street as well as the drug store. She had met him at the bookstore she worked at when Arthur needed a quiet place to write music, and they became such fast friends it seemed insane, hanging out all the time, and after Ariel's old roommate and high school best friend made it big as a makeup artist and moved into a nicer apartment with her boyfriend, he moved in with Ariel. Arthur fit in with Lainey and her sister, Belle, instantly, but Ariel and Arthur were always far closer. Her and Arthur were far more on the same wavelength. But regardless, she had never felt uncomfortable around her other friends or sister for the fact that she wasn't exactly "well off" money wise, nor did she have a steady career. Regardless, youtube and blog ads don't pay the bills.
And she hoped to god that Timothée wasn't going to be the one to make her feel insecure.

She had gotten there about ten minutes early, so she would have a chance to look around at the books without having to worry about the beautiful boy that was accompanying her. But less than five minutes into browsing the books she felt a hand on the small of her back.

"Hey." The sound was angelic to say the least. Literally angelic. Ariel instantly turned around and looked up. He was only about six feet tall, but she was relatively short, at only 5'2.

"Hi." She giggles a little, holding the book that she was previously looking at into her arms. Timothée awkwardly stretched out his arms for her to push herself into, only able to wrap one arm around him. "It's so weird to see you not on my low definition television screen. You're like, high definition." The comment earned a chuckle from him.

"Well it's nice to see you as real person, not instagram photos." He started, looking her up and down. "You're just as lovely though." She saw a bright blush creep up his cheeks. 

"Whatca got there?" He questioned, nodding at her arms. 

"Uh, yanno just a book. I'm not getting it it's full price a-" He cut her off.

"I'll get it for you." He smiled, lightly taking the book from her hands.

"N-No it's fine." She started to reach for the book but he lifted it above his head so that she couldn't reach it, with the smuggest of smirks plastered on his pale face. "Timothée!"

"Aw come on, let me? You can buy coffee?" He suggested.

"We're getting coffee?" She instantly pushed herself back to the flats of her feet. "I didn't know." She mumbled, wishing she wasn't so awkward.

"Only if you want." He assured her, with a sweet smile.

"Of course i want to." She told him, taking his hand in hers in a moment of pure bravery, leading him around the books that she had been through so many times. All eighteen miles. Of course, they didn't get that far, but they got far enough for her to pick Timothée out a poetry book that she adored. "Now you're gonna have to write a review." She joked, handing him the book she had picked out.

"I'll write one just for you, lovely." She melted everytime he said that. She was never one for pet names, hating when her ex boyfriends and flames would call her babe or baby. But the name Timothée had picked out for her made her heart melt everytime.