Chapter Two: He Has One?

CHAPTER TWO | HE HAS ONE? 

♡♛♡

I ducked under the counter, before peaking out to see who has entered. 

Jaxon, Ethan and Carter. 

They didn't look like themselves either. Jaxon flashed a smile at Xavier, who simply waved back. But his smile didn't look natural, it looked fake. His hands were in his hoodie pockets, which was yellow. He was wearing black jeans, tiny little rips, and I could tell they were getting old since they were faded. His eyes trailed over to the booth that was where they and I sat all the time. Once he spotted the booth, his eyes gleamed with something, and his shoulders sagged. He looked at the ground, his smile instantly disappearing. 

Ethan was in the middle, his hands shoved in the pockets of his jeans. He was wearing a black t-shirt, a dark blue beanie over his head. His khaki skinny jeans were sagging a little. He had that dumbfounded expression, the one and only famous look that suited him. He looked around the cafe, his eyebrows furrowed as if he was in deep thought. He let out a sigh and looked over at where I was (not at me but at the counter), a frown playing at lips. Finally, he gave Xavier a slight nod in acknowledgement. 

Carter was on the left. He had his arms crossed as if he was looking for someone to dare look him in his striking blue eyes. He had his black sunglasses on and a snapback on forward like it was supposed to be. He took his sunglasses off, folded them, and hooked them to his jeans. He was wearing a dark blue t-shirt and grey skinny jeans. A small frown was playing at his lips as he looked around, before looking at Xavier and doing the same thing Ethan did. 

"Guys, I-I can't do this," Jaxon muttered, turning around, opening the door and leaving. 

Is what you thought happened, except when he was opening the door, I shot up from the floor and yelled. "Wait!"

All of our eyes met. We stared at each other for what felt like a month. I stepped out of the cash register area and running up to them. They towered over me, so I literally had to look up at them. They stared down at me, their eyes kept blinking. I was about to talk when Jaxon turned on his heel and opened the door, before looking back at his friends. "That's not Norah."

Before he could leave, I grabbed the back of his hoodie and dragged him back. "I am Norah!"

"Prove it," Carter chocked out with gulping. 

"I'm your princess in shining coffee."

Suddenly, all of their eyes lit up, even Ethan's. After all the years I've been waiting for them, well two in total, I hugged them. They hugged me back, without treating me like I was some kind of brittle piece of glass. "Why didn't you guys come back? This is the reason why I didn't quit! I thought there was this slight chance you guys might come back, but you never did."

I wasn't looking at them when we let go of each other. Instead, my head faced the ground as both Ethan and Carter rolled their eyes and glared at Jaxon. "Why doesn't this idiot explain?" Carter snapped. 

Jaxon grunted. "Fine. I was too emotional to come back to Daily Grind, okay? This is where we met! I couldn't risk coming back, I would have broken down. Which is not good, because I'm supposed to be a bad boy, and bad boys don't cry." 

Carter snorted. 

I said tentatively. "You cried when I said I had to move."

Jaxon opened his mouth, but then closed it and looked away. "Look, my manhood gets lower every time I cry. You--,"

"You have one?" 

We all looked at Carter as he shrugged, "It had to be done."

Jaxon glared.