Chapter 3

Ella's P.O.V

"Ella! How did everything go yesterday? Did you like the guys?"

"Let's see: one of them has a dead fiancee, one of them is a conceited freak and one of them seems normal."

"Dead fiancee...?"

"Yeah. She got shot on a bank robbery or something."

"Yikes. Who's the normal one?"

"His name is Kyle, he's an actor."

"Ooh. Never trust an actor. They're basically just paid liars."

"Um.. I'm an actress."

"Oh, awkward. Well, you don't count because you're cool."

"Haha. Apology accepted. So today the guys are doing a talent show for me."

"Amazing! What are you going to wear?"

"Hmm.. I think I'm going to wear a small tight glitter dress."

"Great choice! It will look great on you! Have fun!"

I got into the mansion and so did all the cameras.

"Ella! There's my little superstar."

"Hi, Trench."

"So the guys are putting on a talent show today. The winner gets a candle-lit dinner with you tonight. They're all really excited to show you what they've got. But I need you to be honest with your feedback here. If you think they are great, really be enthusiastic about their performances. And if you think they sucked, make sure to let them know. This is great for ratings -- in the industry we call it the "American Idol Effect"

"I think I can manage that."

"Great! Let's bring out Jonathan."

"Hi Ella. Hi Trench. As you may remember, I lost my fiancee last year. She and I shared two loves: a love for one another and a love for dancing. So I've choreographed a dance routine especially for you. And hope that one day you and I can dance together."

After he was finished I tried to keep myself from laughing.

"Bravo! Ella what did you think?"

"Honestly, I hated it. It was boring and I almost fell asleep watching it."

"Ooh burn brother. Maybe next time. Ok. Let's bring out Dirk!"

"Sup Ella? Sup Trench?"

"D-Dawg! How's it hangin?"

"Hi Dirk!"

"So, Ella as I remember you're really into my body."

"You must be thinking of someone else."

"Uhh.. In honor of my body I'm going to perform a fitness showcase. You'll get to see my abs, glutes, triceps, and pecs in full action!"

"Sounds streamy! Let's get physical!"

He started doing sit ups, crunches, lunges and push ups. Some people may dig it but I definitely didnt.

"What a show! Ella, why don't you weigh in on his performance."

"I weigh in at 165, 2% body fat."

"Dirk, I thought your performance was pathetic. It was the saddest, most narcisistic thing I've ever seen. I know you were vein, but I had no idea you were capable of all this."

"Uh oh, looks like someone got bit by the jealously horse."

"Trench, that's not even an expression. I would need to be seriously brain-damaged to find Dirk attractive."

"I got 38 concussions in college!"

"That explains a lot."

"Alright, Tiger. That's enough. Let's bring out Kyle."

"Hey Trench! Hey Ella! So, Ella, as a fellow actor you know that Shakespeare wrote the best love poems of all time."

"Actually, I wrote my senior thesis on Shakespeare's Sonnet 18."

"Trench, I know I said I would do a monologue from Romeo & Juliet... But would it be alright if I recited Sonnet 18 instead?"

"I don't see why not!"

"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate. Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May. Summer's lease hath too short a date, but thy eternal summer shall not fade."

"Wow! You don't see that every day! Ella, what did you think?"

"Kyle, that was moving. Incredible. I've read that sonnet a thousand times but you really brought it to life."

"I'm glad you liked it."

"I guess chicks really dig this poetry stuff, huh?"

Trench, I want to dig a hole and push you into it.

"Ok Ella. Three guys, three VERY different talents. Who's the winner?"

"Trench, I'd have to say the best performance came from Kyle. He is a gifted actor and I'm a sucker for Shakespeare!"

"I'd never heard of the guy before today! I'll have to buy his album."

"Trench, I wonder how you have made it so far in life."

"Haha. Well, you say what they say: ignorance is bliss! Ok, Ella. Go see Annika. We're shooting the candlelit dinner scene tonight."

"Ay-ay captain!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked the 3rd chapter of "The Reality Show". Please vote and comment. Thank you.