An old 'friend'

The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And thats what you've given me. And thats what i'd hoped to give you forever.

Nicholas Sparks, from the notebook

Zac

I don't know why i said what i said, i wouldn't of taken it back for the world, but i don't want to lose her, but she surprised me even more.

"I love you to Zac," and she snuggled closer to me. We stayed like that for the rest of the night, "Zac, we should go now, where are we staying anyway?"

"We are staying here, there is a house just behind those trees there," i pointed to a wall of tall trees, i could make out the reflection of glass behind the burgundy trunks, "lets go," i stood up and pulled her with me as she groaned in displeasure, "hurry up," i didn't laughed, but i was grinned like crazy.

We walked in silence, it was comfortable, before we walked up the steps i picked Marina up and carried her over the threshold, "you know you only carry your wife over the threshold," she stated.

"Well, thats what i'm doing, now isn't it?"

"What do you mean, we aren't married," she stutter, very confused now. i set her down on the couch and kneeled before her.

"I know we have been together for about a week, but, will you make me the happiest man alive? Will you do me the extraordinary honour of being my wife?"

"Y-yes, i will marry you," she cried, happily, and my heart exploded with love. I kissed her sweetly, and mumbled, i love you, my beautiful wife.

*****

Marina

Over the next few days we talked about our wedding, and he bought me a ring, it was an elegant white gold band, covered with small, sparkly diamonds and centred with a huge, squared ruby. We sat on the loveseat, in each others arms, in perfect, complete silence, and thats where all hell let loose, i was ripped out of zacs arms and into a set of strong, hard ones, pinning me to his chest, "hey sweets, i missed you," he said with a deathly laugh, "do you really think i would let you go?"

"No, i thought i killed you, how?" i shrieked and kicked at him, but no such purchase,

"You were young then, you forgot to rip out my heart, or decapitate me," he said, strangely calm, and tightened his hold on my throat.

"Who the hell are you, and let Marina go!" Zac yelled.

"I am Dimitri, didn't Marina tell you about me?"

"No she didn't," he eyed me strangely, "Marina, who is he?" he asked softer.

"Hes the one, who created me, killed my family," i said softly, pulling in the grief, "who should be dead," i said louder.

"My, my, what a mouth we have here," he was so close i could smell his disgusting, rotten breath.

"I hate you! let me the hell go! let us go!" i scream, at the top of my lungs.

"Hush, hush sweets, we are not done with you," he said, "Tayla, Matthew, we are going to the lair."

I thrash and wail, but they don't let go, "why are you here, you all should be dead, i wish you were," i shriek, Tayla, i think it was, hissed low and menacing in my face, then proceded to drag me to a tinted, black car. They threw me and Zac in the back, the one i think is Tayla drove while Dmitri and Matthew sat on each side of us.

"Now, now Marina, is this a way to treat a friend?" he said, amused at my reaction.

"You are no friend of mine," i spat, "why are you here?"

"I miss you, is that reason enough?" he chuckled, clearly playing with me.

"If you missed me, we could have talked at the house."

Paying no attention to me remark he said, "Looks like you husband isn't very comfortable," i didn't notice Zac before, from my outbursts, he was very still and quiet, probably in shock-warlocks get shocked when they are in close proximity with lots of one kind, excpecially vampires- "are you alright?"I try to soothe him by holding his hand and hugging him, but he doesn't respond, he just has a vacant look in his eye, it kills me that i can't help him, then the car comes to a screeching halt and Dmitri pulls me out of the car, i struggled and he knocked me out, everything swirled into blackness.

Zac

I saw Dmitri hit Marina and she went limp in his arms, thats what took me out of the trance, i used all my strength and threw Tayla and Matthew out of my way before launching at Dmitri, but he was to fast, he knocked me down and i skidded to a stop, "Marina will pay for your disobedience," and Dmitri left me sprawled on the ground, in to much pain to move, Matthew picked me up and threw me in a cellar, probably inder ground, from the smell of rotten dirt and the lack of light and i just slumped on the wall while they left.

I don't know if it had been days or hours since i have been locked up in here, i was hungry and thirsty, i couldn't make a portal, from the lack of tools and the cursed metal taking all my strength, even if i found a way out, i wouldn't stand a chance at escaping.

I started fidling with the hem of my shirt, then i heard a piercing scream and a round of curses, i recognised it as Marina, "Marina, LET HER GO!" i screech as loud as i could, and the screams came out louder and longer, "let her go," i cried, barely a whisper.

*****

Sorry I've taken so long I've had tests and exams AND Im in the process of moving houses, I squeezed this update in by locking myself in my new room and typing furiously on my tablet.

My next updates might take a while since we are not even half done BUT since this is a short story this will be over soon and yeah.

Sorry that this update isn't the best or longest I could do but I wanted to give you guys something so you don't forget about me X_X

~Grace