The Route of Twilight

Comenzar desde el principio

“Sure, why not?” Even though I remembered the ins and outs of this place, I suppose I could let them ‘show me around’ It would give me more time to analyze and observe Roxas to see what was up with him. 

“Great! I’m Olette!” She gestured toward her self. She had a very cheery voice.“And that’s Hayner and Pence.” The boy with the spiky blonde hair nodded, and the other boy waved. 

Hayner already seemed like he was the leader of this group, and I could tell he had the attitude and arrogance of one as well. He wore a collared green vest that cut off above his waist, and had black tank underneath. He wore green and black camouflage pants that cut off right above his ankles, and black shoes with white tips. 

The boy Pence had shaggy black hair with black and white trimmed headband around his head and a small blue and purple scarf around his neck. He wore a white shirt underneath a red tank that had the writing ‘DogStreet’ in white letters going vertically on the left side of the shirt. And in the middle of it had a black image that I assume was suppose to be a dog barking with three black bones over its head. He had blue jeans with blue shoes that had white fronts. 

“Nice to meet you, Hayner, Pence,” I nodded to them. 

“Don’t we get a name?” Hayner said gruffly.

“Ayame.” I then looked towards Roxas to see if there was any change of expression. There wasn’t. What I didn’t understand is that as long and as many times as I’ve been here I never saw any of these other kids, the only people I met and horribly embarrassed was Seifer and his flunkies Rai, Fuu, and Vivi. 

“Well let’s get started with the tour!” Pence said. 

With the tour we went through a few places I of course already knew, but there was one place in the street commons, a crack in the wall that led to a forest, and behind that forest was an old mansion that I’d definitely have to into later. When we got to the sandlot it was all busy, since they were setting up here for the tournament. 

“Are any of you entering?” I asked. 

“Hayner, and Roxas are!” Olette said. “They have a better chance than anyone." 

“And who ever wins we agreed to split the prize,” Hayner said as he slapped Roxas on the back. “500 money.” 

“Nice.” 

“Now, we saved the best for last!” Olette said. 

We cut through an alley and then down another one and came up to a fence that had a door. We walked in through the door of the fence and walked a little ways before coming up to a dead end that seemed like a little room. There was a furnace, a couch, a chair, some boxes, and a couple vents sticking out of the wall. They even had a poster of two hung up. Even though it was small, and was made of concrete they made it their own, I could see why they liked it so much. It had a cozy atmosphere. 

“It’s quite cozy,” I said. 

“Yeah! This is 'The Usual Spot'!” Olette smiled. “Oh Pence! We’re missing the best thing!” 

“What’s that?” I asked. 

Pence shook his head and hopped down from the couch. “I’ll be back.” He then left. 

“Oook…” 

“Trust me! It’s quite the treat, Ayame.” 

“I look forward to it.” I was the only one standing, I didn’t want to intrude but it was bothering me to stand in one place. 

“You can come sit next to me, Ayame,” Hayner said as he patted a place next to him on the furnace he was sitting on.  I went and sat next to him as I saw an odd expression appear on Olette’s face. I see, she likes him but he doesn't notice. Me he finds interesting, but he must be forgetting I’m obviously older than him.