Swamp Royalty ~Part 4~

"Oh?" Louis said embarrassed as he looked around and scratched his head. "You sure she's that way?"

"You had no idea where you were going this entire time?!" I growled.

"Well...no." He shrugged. "Not the whole time. I was sure I'd remember along the way..."

"Are you kidding me?!"

"Sorry..."

"Now it's alright little lady," Ray cut in. "I'll get you to Mama Odie! We can get there by tomorrow night."

"Tomorrow night," Tiana sighed. "The building I wanted for my restaurant will be sold by then." She brought her hands to her face in sadness.

Naveen walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "It'll be alright, Tiana. You'll figure something out, I'll even help."

"You? Help? You don't even understand! You've had everything given to you. You've never worked for anything." She got up walked away to sit by herself.

Naveen sighed. "Oh, Ayame... what am I doing wrong? I'm trying to tell her I'll be here for her. As a friend you know? But I keep upsetting her. I want to support her in whatever way I can."

"Then tell her that. If you say just that, I'm sure she'll understand what you're trying to say."

"I wish I could help her but I can't without money. In order to do that I have to marry, and I can't do that if I'm stuck like this. I miss being human."

"Ya know, it's not all about money, Naveen. You can be there for someone without giving them money or gifts. Like I said if you tell her what you said, I'm sure she'll understand.... You like her don't you?"

"Well, uh, yes...I do. She's beautiful...inside and out. I've never met any girl like her. She bright, smart, and independent. She doesn't care about money or material things. And I love the way she lights up when she talks about her dream. And she deserves that dream."

"Hmm? That sounds like love to me Naveen..."

He shrugged and scratched his head, smiling. "Huh. Maybe so."

"You should go talk to her..."

"I-I'll try..."

He walked over to Tiana cautiously and began to talk to her. I however was very agitated with Mr. Scaly over there. I stomped over to him and grabbed him by his neck. He got scared quickly.

"How?!" I yelled.

"Uhhh...how what?" He said.

"How on earth do you not know where you're going?! You live here, don't you?!"

"Well...uh...everything kinda looks the same..."

I growled. "You're not very smart are you."

"No, he sure ain't little lady." Ray cut in. "See here, this lovable guy here is so caught up in being a trumpet player, he's not very aware."

"I could tear you apart! Ughhh! Not another word comes out your mouth when it comes to directions! Got it?"

"Uhh, ok." I let Louis go and walked back to where I was and sat in front of a tree. "She's scary..." I heard him say.

The next night we were all following Ray, in the CORRECT direction to Mama Odie's. Everyone was a little tired from all the walking. I was fine, however I was a little antsy from the lack of fighting. It felt like my muscles were tightening up. Hours later we reached what looked like a tree house that blended in so well with the trees you wouldn't be able to see it without the lights on. When we reached her home, there was a ladder to climb up. I grabbed Tiana and Naveen and put them on my shoulder and started to climb up, Ray flew ahead.