⒍ Sheep in Wolf's Clothing

"Good morning, sir." I greeted my teacher, yet he ignored me, as always, and just started the lesson. Mr. Hiyama has hated me and my sisters for a pretty long time, ever since Flower had accidentally broken his leg in P.E. back a few years ago. It also doesn't seem like he enjoys his job in the first place.

"Morning, we're playing dodgeball" was everything he said as he started the lesson. His face very clearly looked like it was Monday morning, it looked like only ten cups of coffee kept him alive at this point. He must've been correcting test or something all night. Poor man, but hopefully he won't take his frustration out on us that much...

Quickly, teams were formed as everyone just went to their mates' team. "Uh..." I was counting how many people where in each team at the moment, as I would just join the team that currently had less players.

Someone tapped my shoulder to get my attention. "Hey, Piko! Why won't you join us?" asked Fukase. That was the moment I was finished counting, and the team he was in had more people in it, so I had to decline his offer. I personally really don't care, but I'd do anything to avoid making Mr. Hiyama mad at me today.

But before I could even open my mouth to answer, Len grabbed my hand. "But you've already got more than enough players." He said calmly, but the way he was glaring at Fukase was as though he was barking at him like an animal. His firm grip on my arm led me to the other side of our school's gym. I just followed silently while giving Fukase a shoulder-shrugging look to say something like 'sorry mate.'

The game began, and I screamed like a Japanese school girl every time a ball was thrown. But I managed to survive for a while, even though I'm a literal twig.

That was until I had a near death experience when a ball flew right at my face out of the blue. I couldn't even react soon enough. Just a second before, someone was standing right in front of me, was that Len? I don't really know. The ball hit me right on the nose, and I instinctively screeched. It didn't even hurt that much, I think, mainly the shock that I wasn't prepared for at all made me start crying as I covered my face.

The entire gym became quiet in a second, so my pathetic sobbing was even easier to hear. Until Mr. Hiyama finally spoke "Stop crying, Utatane."

I nodded and tried to calm down. Putting my hands away from my face I noticed a strange feeling on them. It felt like a liquid... At first I just thought it was just my tears but when I looked down at them, I froze. I was bleeding from my nose.

"Jeez, Utatane, don't bleed over the entire gym!" Like, thanks for the advice Mr. Hiyama, I mean, it's like bleeding is a choice. "Get our now!"

Almost in unison, both Len and Fukase raised their hands, though Len was quicker to speak "Can I go to the bathroom with him?"

"Whatever."

"But, Mr. Hiyama! Len and Piko are both in the same team, their team will be missing two people! I'm ready to nurse Piko!" Fukase complained, but our teacher really didn't care about anything, he didn't even seem to acknowledge the redhead.

Len helped me up and we got to the restrooms as the game of dodgeball continued again. On our way out of the gym, we walked past Fukase. Though he was fully emerged into the game again, the aggressive way he threw the ball indicated that he was upset. About what? Did he really want to go to the restroom with me that bad? Fukase left me even more confused after he seemed to glare at the blonde boy for only a split second. But just a super small moment, his eye was filled with pure resentment.

I just silently followed Len, with one hand held by him and the other covering my nose, trying not to bleed everywhere. Unsuccessfully.

As soon as we finally reached the restroom, Len plugged my nose with tissues, saying"You were hit pretty hard, huh?" I just nodded slightly, my head leaning backwards to an extend that was almost painful. "I wonder who threw that ball, though."