⒋ Bullies

"Sorry, can I please get through real quick?" I asked politely and my index finger gestured towards the gate to a sports ground, that was behind the park bench the Zolas were resting on.

At the moment, the three of them were smoking, even including the youngest one of the three, Yuu, who was even younger than me. "What's even your business?" The oldest brother, whose name was Wil, asked in an annoyed tone after blow a gust of smoke at me.

They didn't seem to necessarily recognize me, they just had the same glance that screams that you're a nuisance. They look that way at everybody, and still, I still shaking, but surprisingly, my voice still sounded calm as I answered "I'm spreading these posters, and I think putting them at the gate of the sports ground behind you would be one of the places it would draw the most attention."

Kyo, the boy in between the three others, both concerning they're ages and seating position said "Pfft. That sports ground belongs to us, so we're not putting ads anywhere unless were payed or it's actually good."

Something about those brothers that I condemn that they claim anything as their own, even if they belong to someone else or the whole village. But I knew calling them out on that right now might mean hospital for me, so I kept quiet about that. Instead, I thought whether we could pay them... Fukase has got some money with him and I could pay him back later, but Fukase's my trump card for if the bullies start getting violent with me. "Well, you should definitely take a look at it, as I'd consider it very important."

"Gimme then!" Yuu, a short, blonde haired boy yelled at me, the annoyance in his voice was dominant.

I nodded and closer towards them, but I soon realized that my knees are like jelly. But alas, I made it to the boys and gave them a sheet from the small stack I've prepared. It didn't take them long to start laughing. "Dude, you really think we'd post this on our gate? We, like, happy that this bitch is gone. Do we look like we care about those losers like that whore?" Kyo could barely say these words without bursting into laughter.

"N-now's not the time for this kindergarten stuff! There are lifes on the line!" I snapped back, as I was starting to get emotional. I just can't stand people that are like this... And the fact that they're talking like that to my sister just hits super close to home.

"If you're serious about this, then..." Wil ran his fingers through his pitch-black hair for a second, before he completed the sentence "you gotta pay $500."

"You can't be serious! You don't care at all whether she gets found or not?" Instead of answering my question as I was about to tear up from the overflowing anger and hatred I felt towards those brothers, Kyo simply pulled something out of his pocket. Inspecting that object further, I realized that it was a lighter. And just like that, I watched as the poster searching for my sister slowly caught on fire. After the flames began spreading from the bottom of the page, Kyo threw it into the astray they had next to them.

With each second that passed as I stared at the burning paper, I felt more and more upset, even though I already felt like I've reached the limit of indignation already. From that moment onward, the brothers completely ignored me as well. It wasn't the kind of ignoring that means you don't want to acknowledge someone's existence, no, the way they ignored me gave me a feeling like I don't exist within their range anymore. Like I am not part of what is in front of them. My hands lost their grip on the small stock of papers I had in my hand, and they dropped to the ground, right alongside my tears. I ran away without picking anything up or doing anything, actually. I just rushed to where Fukase was hiding and watching me and the assholes, my only safe haven right now.

"I-I'm... so sorry..." I managed to stutter as I reached him. Gosh, now I'm crying in front of Fukase, why do I always get to emotional? But the more I tried to hold those tears back, the more they became out of control.