Chapter 4

"You can be right next to me but I'll still be alone because I'm in a place where no light can reach me. Don't join me"

~ Blizzardpaw

Blizzardpaw's POV:

I sighed as I left the elders- wait, no...The nursery. I hate knowing that they have a nice dad. I feel like they're just rubbing it in my face. I'm pretty sure I scared lightkit. I feel bad about it--kind of. I clawed at the ground.

" Blizzardpaw, welcome to your life. There's no turning back, so deal with it" I told myself. I looked out into the forest, wishing I could go out there. But no, Echosong wants me to go with someone when I go out just in case my wound reopened. I hiss. 'I'm not a kit anymore!' I thought angrily.

I had a lot to not do, so I decided to stretch out and have a well deserved cat nap, when cinderpaw the lard walks over " hey blizzardkit, get back to the nursery. It's not safe for kits to be wandering around" he teased. I knew I was shorter, but it was only by a little bit " Well cinderflame, you should get back to the elders den before your bones start to ache. Then you can tell me a story" I retorted. Cinderpaw grumbled and I chuckled.

" Stop your nonsense!" Sunstar called from the highrock. I dipped my head and stalked away. Things weren't going my way these days. I sat in the apprentices den and curled up in my nest, my eyes fluttering shut.

He woke up later by a cat prodding him in the ribs and he groaned, covering his eyes with his paws " who is it?"