Mother & Child Reunion ☼

THE TRUE DEFINITION OF LOYAL          resided in the of the tiny body of Belle "Baby" Roberts

As the product of two mothers in one of the kindest countries in the world, Baby was raised to believe only one thing: Sticking by someone's side, through thick and thin, is the greatest thing you could ever do during your time on earth.

The philosophy the girl lived her young life by allowed her to garner one of the strongest groups of friends in the world.

Growing up besides Emma Nelson, Manny Santos, and J.T. Yorke led Baby to exercise her philosophy everyday of her life, and though no one in the group would admit it, Baby was the only friend they could count on in any situation.

And they would need it.

☼ ☼ ☼

THREE YOUNG GIRLS CROWDED            around the boxy computer set up Emma Nelson's desk, reading the emails exchanged between her and a boy named Jordan.

"Read it again, Baby." Emma sighed, swooning at the words of the Internet boy

"Again? I've read it six times. Make Manny do it." Baby laughed, resting her chin upon her tall friend's shoulder

The two had been exchanging emails for weeks across the computer, sharing stories of the things they were most passionate about.

None of the preteens recognized the danger of emailing strangers, too caught up in the aura of young love in their newly budding lives.

"Okay, fine. Manny, please read it." Emma begged, dramatically flapping her hands, waiting to hear to words she loved for the hundredth time

"Emma, you saved my heart and my project. If we protect the wildlife refuge I'll owe it all to you. Love you, Jordan." Manny read as the three of us broke out into a fit of high-pitched giggles

"Love you. love you." Emma repeated, falling against the back of her chair, filled with the warmth of young romance

We all squealed and laughed at each other, before regaining our composure, once again, in order to admire the picture the boy had sent the tall girl.

She quickly tapped the keys of the old computer, pulling up the specific picture, "Let me see his picture, again. He gets cuter each time."

"Is that possible?" Baby asked, leaning closer to the screen to truly take in the features of internet boy

Emma ignored her teasing, turning to snap at Manny, who had been doodling on one of the tall girl's magazine, "Hey, Manny don't write on that. I want Caitlin to autograph it."

The girl's antics were interrupted by the sounds of Spike, Emma's young mother, shouting up the stairs, " Emma! Ready to go?"

"Just a minute." Emma replied