Chapter 4: Talkin'

Heyy, keep reading people it gets better.

*

*

*

Bree

Flash back

Its a blazing July and the streets are filled with playing kids enjoying thier summer break. The boys on the corner are laughing loudly about girls they have had in thier bed. I walked around Chris and his crew to see my best friend Angel., that's Chris's girlfriend but I'm not too fond of him. He ain't all bad though, sometimes he makes her happy but i know she can do better. Truth is, i have a huge crush on Angel but i don't want to freak her out so i won't be telling her.

I jog up the driveway and bang on the door."Open the door girl!" I dropped my voice a few octives, trying to sound like a guy.

"Sir -oh hey boo." Why is her face wet and bruised? "Bree. its not as bad as you think it is." I walk pass her and head to the kitchen for an ice pack.

"Sit on the couch." I commanded. Lord knows i want to scream at her for putting up with this sh*t. She can do better, she can be with someone who loves her. Every time i come over here there is something wrong with her, something that he did. Why can't she just walk away.

"Bree..."I sighed heavily. "Bree, I'm pregnant." I can't even summon words to come forward. When i stayed silent, she came up behind me and touched my back. I still cannot even begin to react appropriately. She wrapped her arms around me."Bree you are my only friend and i hope you here me out. It wasn't planned. It just kinda happened. I'm so scared, Bree...say something. Anything." Angel continued to whispered to me as if i was made of glass, not wanting to disturb my existence." Bree i can't stay with him. He knows about the baby but he doesn't want it. He tried to force a miscarriage...that's what the bruises are about, if you could just help me get away this time. I won't come back to him, i swear." By now , I'm f*cking shaking. "Bree calm down dont do anything crazy." Angel begins to tighten her grip but its too late. I snatch out her hold and bolt towards the front door. I look for Chris and see him walking up laughing like he has not a care in the world. I look to my right at his car. This fool loves his car and that's cool because I'm about to f*ck it up. He had some tools laying in front of it and i saw just the perfect weapon-a crow bar. Just then i see Angel step outside.

"Bree, come on. That's Chris's car. I know what you are thinking. He will kill you if you do this."

"Go in the house and pack your bags." I keep eyeing the car. Angel did as i said. I see Chris is still a good distance from me. I put the crow bar into the passenger side windows first. I still don't feel calm so i run to the other side and take the driver side windows out. Nope, I'm still too amped. By now everyone on the intersection of Westwood and Clemons has stopped to watch me kill Chris's car. I am now standing on top of the car smashing the window shield. That's when i hear him coming.

"Yo b*tch have you gone crazy?!" I simply hop down and examine the small cuts on my arms from the flying glass. "LOOK AT MY F*CKING CAR!"

"Angel is pregnant." That's when he looks at me and get the idea of why i did it."And you beat her so she can have a miscarriage. If you wanted the baby gone so bad, why not just take her to the clinic?"

"That b*tch got pregnant on purpose!" I'm sick of his damn mouth so i smashed the head lights out on his car."Dyke, you are gonna pay for this or imma beat your ass just like i beat Angel's"

"Lil n*ggah you can't beat nothing over here."

Chris ran towards me and i can honestly say that I'm ready to kill this dude. So i hit him with the crow bar across the chest. He stumbles back a little so i strike him again across the jaw. This time he falls to the ground on his back.