➽9. Lose your mind

Quinn, Chelsea and Hanna walked through the south side of the Isle that was swarmed with pirates

They walked past Ursula's Fish and Chips and down the winding alley that led to the marketplace.

After a few distractions, Quinn had tried on a few hats found in a stand while Chelsea laughed at how ridiculous they looked on her and Hanna waited impatiently for them to stop cackling like hyenas.

They walked past Lady Tremaine's Curl Up n Dye where Quinn shouted some unflattering things about Lady Tremaine and her two daughters.

She'd called Anastasia the redhead an idiot for trying to be good in place where she was surrounded by evil people. Anastasia and Cinderella has ended their feud before she was sent to the Isle. But Fairy Godmother didn't want any more trouble for her dear Cinderella and had sent her to the Isle anyway.

Anastasia had just wanted for someone to love her. She'd fallen in love with a baker but she'd been sent here anyway, along with her children. She never did see him again. And he never tried to get her off the Isle so she'd grown a bit bitter. She'd let her old selfish self return and it gave Fairy Godmother more reason to not let the former king bring her over. She had a few children though Quinn hadn't bothered to learn her daughters names, there were much too many of them. She only knew her son Anthony.

Drizella the black haired one, wasn't the brightest light bulb. She still thought she could sing and it got kind of sickening hearing her voice. She too had tried to convince Fairy Godmother she had turned a leaf but Fairy Godmother wasn't buying it.

If good hearted Anastasia could change her views so quickly so would Drizella.

Drizella had a few other things up her sleeve, her mother still controlled her every decision. She listened to her.

Drizella also had many daughters but Quinn had only made the effort to get to know Dizzy. The others were all airheads anyway.

They walked past Shan Yu's Dim Sums where his hawk watched them through the window it was a tad unnerving. Shan Yu's eyes kind of scared Quinn.

He didn't have eye whites, they were black and his eyes were golden. It was creepy to see him in the dark because all you could see was the gold.

She never really ate their anyway.

They walked past Frollo's Craperie where they sold the best milkshakes on the Isle. But it was pretty expensive and Quinn only went there when there was something worthy of being celebrated.

They walked past Gaston's Duels without rules where people could go into the back and settle out their differences. They turned the corner before they stopped in front of Hades' shop. Hades' Slovaki.

The air had become unnaturally warm as if the shop was right on top of the fires of hell, which it was. 

Quinn shrugged her shoulder, tying her jacket around her waist before entering the shop.

It was much hotter in there than it had been outside.

There were some normal looking people there, a few pirates some witches. But there were also skeletons. Living walking skeletons.

When she'd first seen them it had unnerved her so much she hadn't come back again for a week.

It hadn't helped that their were some skeleton waiters.

Quinn surveyed the shop looking for her friend. It wasn't hard. Helia tossed a tray of food at a customer visibly fuming.

Or perhaps she too was experiencing the abnormal heat that radiates in the shop.

Customers shouted orders at her, as if she could remember them all. Helia grit her teeth together not listening to what they were saying and tossing random trays at them to shut them up.

They didn't shut up.

It only agitated them more that she'd gotten their order wrong. It only made their shouts grow louder. It only made Helia look more visibly angry than normal. It only made the air in the shop hotter than it already was. Quinn found the source of the heat. She wasn't really surprised by it, not by the slightest.

Hades sat on a throne made of bones, raising the temperature in the shop as the agitation of the customers and Helia grew more. He chuckled laughing like a madman while nobody seemed to pay him any mind. All of them angry for some unknown reason.

"Hey Hel!" Quinn said, as Helia's glare faltered and she returned Quinn's smile,

"What took you so long?" Helia said, crossing her arms over her chest. "Your more than an hour late."

"We lost track of time." Chelsea said. "But we are here now so let's go."

Helia relaxed a bit before tossing a tray to the final customer of the day. Of her shift at least.

Helia tossed her apron on its hook before making her way to her friends.

The air in the shop had cooled and Hades had stopped laughing like the madman he was.

"Be back by midnight!" Hades called. "My dear little Helia!"

"That's new." Helia said as Hades chuckled for some unknown reason.

"Be back by midnight." Hades repeated.

"Don't worry." Helia said. "I-I will be."

"Good." Hades said, disappearing in a puff of smoke off to who knows where.

Helia, Quinn, Chelsea and Hanna walked out of the shop silently. None of them knowing what to say to break it.

"What was all that about?" Quinn asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"What was what about?" Helia asked, twirling her hair on her finger.

"Your dad." Hanna said. "Was acting nice."

"He can be nice at times." Helia said. "You just happened to be there when he was."

"Okay." Chelsea said. "Where are we going again?"

"We are going to-." Quinn paused. "I don't know. Where were we going?"

"We are going to go back to the Salon." Hanna said. "To your room and watch the TV."

"Oh right." Quinn said. "It's time to see Mal get ticked at the reporters but not knowing how to show it. Let's go! We're going to be late to a very important date."

The group groaned at her ridiculous rhyme before they headed back the way they'd came and back to what the Queen of Hearts considered a castle.