Ellie:"Fine.Maybe in the meantime,me and Andy could fix the swing."

Andy:"Great idea.The fence stops a walker in about 3 or 4 seconds,but gets overloaded if we leave the husks out there."

Me:"You know,Mark and I can clear the fence ourselves if you want to stay here and finish up with the generators."

Andy:"Well,that's be great.I'll turn off the northwest section,and you guys could strip 'em off and look for any weak points,that'd be a big help."

Me:"Sounds easy enough."

Andy:"Stay attentive,ya never know."

Okay.I nod my head and we head to the gate.

Ellie:"Good luck."

We leave the dairy.

Ellie's pov

Lee and Mark leave the dairy.Great.Another mission that I can't get involve with.When are they going to stop seeing me as a child?I'm 11 year old now.

Andy:"Ellie."I turn toward Andy."I'm gonna continue with this generator while you look through the diary for anything useful for the swing.Okay?"

Me:"Yeah.I know."

Andy:"As me if you need any help."He walks to the generator.I don't know where to begin looking.Maybe the barn.I walk to the gate and reach out."Hey..."I stop reaching out and look at Andy."What are ya fixing to do around the barn?"

Me:"Well,I'm just curious.I never been in a barn before so I wonder if I could take a look at it,and maybe see that cow you guys mentioned."

Andy:"Tell you what,after Lee and Mark comes back from securing the perimeter I'll let you enter the barn and see the cow."

Me:"Okay."Worth a shot.But what's with the curiosity of his.People only ask those kind of questions if they want to keep something hidden.Gotta tell Lee and Mark.I look at the swing and see a wooden plank and rope."Hey,Andy."

Andy:"Yep."

Me:"How old is that rope of the swing?"

Andy:"Very old.I think momma knows where the good rope is."

Me:"Ok."

I walk to the house,open the fence door and knock on the door.Brenda comes out.

Brenda:"Well,hi there little one.I didn't catch your name before."

Me:"It's Ellie."

Brenda:"What can I do for ya,Ellie?"

Me:"I'm looking for a rope for the broken swing."

Brenda:"Well,how sweet of you trying to help around here.The ropes are in that shoe bucket."

I turn my head toward the...shoe bucket.

Me:"Shoe bucket?"

Brenda:"Yep."

I walk toward the bucket but then I get distracted by he awards.I stop when I get to them.Huh.'Dairy of the year 1993.'

Me:"This dairy won a lot of ribbons,huh?"

Brenda:"Yeah.This dairy was my husband life.It meant everything to him.Let me tell ya,when he first bought this place,this was a single story house."

Me:"What?"

Brenda:"It's no lie.After Andy was born,he insisted on adding a second floor.Said we had to have room for as many babies as we could have."I laugh."But I stopped after Danny was born."