Getting prepared and things get difficult

I was taken to a dome with old armour and I was very confused. I tried helmet after helmet trying to find some protection against the weapons. I thought long and hard about this, I was going to get my arse handed to me due to I'm out of my element even if I can use my abilities, I don't do well fighting under water...yet.

"How could you be so foolish to let Orm bait you into a fight?" Vulko said coming in angrily. I knew he was worried. He always was.

"I didn't exactly have a choice in the matter." I said to that one looking at him. "And besides, if I'm lucky, I might have solved all our problems." I said and he looked to me and I sighed. "If I beat him in a battle, the wars over. I get to go home." I said shrugging. "Although, I have a feeling I'm getting my arse handed to me." I said to that one.

"You're a formidable fighter on land, but here, you're out of your element, literally." Vulko said and I looked to him, and he looked to me. "Orm has spent his entire life underwater training to be a warrior, training to be the best."

"Don't you think I don't know that, Vulko? I didn't really have an option here, it was either fight him in battle or basically be killed there. I didn't see a way out except maybe escape when I'm fighting. However, you taught me how to fight, Cobra Kai." I said to him. I don't see why he's so worried about me.

Vulko looked to me at that and sighed. He knew she was right but he didn't want her to fight. She could end up dead or worse...be sent to the trench. "Let's see if you remember anything." He said and then chucked the trident as it sent me into a flash back as I caught it.

"So, what's with the big fork?" I said to him confused.

"It's a trident." Vulko informed as his hair was in a tight knot as he had his black suit on. "Now defend yourself." He said to me and I looked to him. How do I even use this?

I watched as Vulko struck a blow as I wasn't confident with the trident as I blocked his attacks when I left my back open, Vulko attacked and I winced.

Vulko suddenly did his move with spinning the trident. Show off. I thought as I watched with awe but as I tried to strike it repelled me.

"What the hell is this?" I asked with shock.

"I'll teach you this movement when you've mastered the trident." Vulko said with a small smirk and I knew he was testing me.

I tried again but was sent to the sand. "It's not fair. This thing is so big and awkward. Why can't I use a sword?" I asked as I was better at handling swords.

"That's your mothers trident. A traditional weapon of royalty. You'll never be a true princess until you've mastered it." Vulko said as I glared to him for that.

"Why'd she never come to see me, hah?" I asked him wanting to know the truth.

"I told you, when your ready." Vulko said sternly but his features softened.

"Stop lying to me!" I shouted with anger. "I've done everything you ever asked. And every time I pass a test, you make up another one. When am I gonna be good enough? Did she not love me?" I asked him with heartbreak.

"Your mother loves you very much, more than anything in the world. But she had to return to Atlantis to keep you safe." Vulko said to me. "Her marriage to king Orvax was arranged a long time ago so she had to marry him and bear him a son, Prince Orm." Vulko said to me softly. "When Orvax eventually found out about you, he became overwhelmed with jealousy and sacrificed her to the creatures of the trench." Vulko said and I looked to him.

"Are you saying they executed her?" I asked Vulko. "Because she had me?" I asked with horror as Vulko looked down and I got it confirmed...she died because of me. She died due to I was born.