Chapter 57. A Visit to the Headmaster's Office

The monastery of St. Catherine's was home to a great many pieces of fine art in the form of paintings, sculptures, murals, huge woven tapestries, tile work, furniture, and so on, collected from all parts of the globe. Much of it was newly acquired as the monks before did not have the means, but the Catholics seemed to have endless resources and connections to decorate the monastery. If the monks were still alive and knew of the opulence of the current state of the monastery, they would have truly marveled at how a group of people—who supposedly took a vow of poverty—could afford such treasures.

—The Treasures of the Great Monasteries of the World, C. B. DeMille (1998)

Day 14

Kato was standing there, completely naked. He was being cleaned with a warm rag by Takahashi. He had a warm blush. Takahashi wiped down his whole body, including all of his most intimate spots. Then Takahashi grabbed a fresh cloth and dipped it in the warm water and took Kato's erect penis, pulling the skin back a little and started to gently clean it. It felt immensely erotic and Kato awoke to himself having another wet dream. He breathed a couple heavy breaths as the flood of euphoria ran through his body and a sticky mess developed in his boxers. He realized that he was lying on his back with Takahashi spooned up against him and his arm draped over Kato's chest.

What the fuck was that? And why now? Kato inwardly screamed. He was thoroughly embarrassed and was hoping like hell that Takahashi didn't notice. He gently moved Takahashi's arm and got out of bed, grabbed the robe and threw it about him, grabbed some fresh boxers, and a wash cloth and towel. He looked at the time. It was 4:02 am. He went down to the bathroom and cleaned up.

He was quiet when he returned. He put his stuff away and his newly soiled briefs into the laundry bag. He stood there, wondering why that happened. His arm was around my chest, so he wasn't touching me there. Why did this happen? He could see the sleeping form of Takahashi in the dark. He considered whether Takahashi would actually attempt to touch Kato in his sleep but immediately discarded that idea. Takahashi would never do such a thing. Just a stupid dream, he concluded. He took the robe off and climbed back into bed.

"Everything okay?" Takahashi whispered.

"Yeah," Kato turned his back towards Takahashi. He really hoped Takahashi wasn't awake during all that. He felt a cold distance between their two bodies. After a minute passed, he wondered why Takahashi hadn't closed the distance. So, he scooched back and snuggled against Takahashi. This prompted Takahashi to put his arm around Kato and bury his nose into Kato's neck, sending some serious goosebumps down Kato's body, all the way to the tips of his toes.

Kato lay there for a few minutes, trying to make sense of that vivid dream he had before he fell back to sleep.

-----

The alarm announced that it was 5:30. Kato removed part of the blanket and reached over and hit the snooze button. He instantly felt that the room was cold, but not due to a fever. He just didn't want to leave the warm bed. He turned to lie on his back as his side ached a little. Takahashi put his hand on Kato's stomach but said nothing. Kato was awake now and spent some time considering how close they were now that he would even allow another boy, let alone Kensuke Takahashi, to spoon up to him and put his hand on his tummy. It was a curiously warm and intimate sensation, though not erotic. Kato didn't feel aroused. What he did feel though was contentment, even completeness, as if something he had been missing all his life was being filled by having Takahashi here at his side.

The alarm announced that it was now 5:35. Kato reached over again, and this time turned the alarm off and causing Takahashi to remove his hand from Kato's tummy. Kato got up and went to the restroom. When he returned, he saw Takahashi was dressed and collecting some stuff together. Kato was reluctant to see him go. He instantly thought of how lonely it was going to be when he had to go back to sleeping by himself, a thought that never occurred to him before. He removed the bathrobe and handed it back to Takahashi.