Chapter 1: Soooo Bored....

It was an ordinary day in the McDuck household. Beakley was busy preparing a dinner for when Scrooge got home from the bin, the kids were trying to entertain themselves, everything was ordinary. Except it wasn't. THERE WAS BOREDOM!!!!!

Huey's POV

I couldn't believe it! After all the hard work and effort, I never even got my Junior Woodchuck baking badge because Louie screwed up the cupcake recipe! Sometimes, I wonder why he even decided to join the troop.

But that wasn't important. What was important was trying to keep myself entertained until dinner while actually doing something  productive. Right now I was working on whittling, since that was the next skill coming up. How the artists are able to get the knife to cut so exactly, as though it's their fingertips. After slipping up and accidentally making a false cut, I sighed and flopped on the bed. "Soooo bored...."

Dewey's POV

 The one thing that sucked was now that everyone was home, I couldn't film Dewey Dewnight! I was debating about going to see Webby, but I figured that she was in the middle of her daily dagger-throwing practice. So much for "Teamwork makes the dream work."  "Soooo bored...."

Louie's POV

Great. The Duckess was on again and I couldn't reach the remote! I could just hear Uncle Scrooge saying, "You've got to work hard for once in yer life, lad!" "Soooo bored...."

Webby's POV

Everything was normal for the time being until Uncle Scrooge got home. I, of course, was practicing my dagger-throwing on my dolly. When I went to get the daggers, I saw the picture of Lena on my giant bulletin board. I sighed. If only she were still here to hang out with me. Then I could be occupied! "Soooo bored...."

Nobody's POV

Eventually, due to the intoxicating boredom that was creeping throughout the manor, Webby held a State of Emergency meeting in her bedroom. 

"We've got to do something about this!" Huey said.

"Well, we can't just march up to Beakley and say we're bored!" Dewey chimed in. "It's a sign of defeat!"

"We've done everything we can do! Does anybody have any good ideas?" Louie asked.

"I thought YOU were the conman here!" said Webby.

"Yeah, but a con needs to relax once in a while!" Louie fired back.

"Careful everyone! Don't fight! We just need something to wash our boredom away," Dewey butt in.

"Wash our boredom away. That's it! Dewey, you're a genius!" Huey exclaimed.

"I didn't even-" Dewey started.

"We can ask Granny if we can go to the beach down by the boardwalk!" Webby replied. "We just need to approach her the right way."

Everyone looked at Louie. "Fine. Follow my lead," He said nonchalantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Together, the kids crept to the kitchen, while Mrs. Beakley was aligning the silverware. "May I help you children?" She said. 

"Actually yes, Mrs. B. ," Louie said in his innocent voice. "We were just so very bored, and we were wondering-" Upon seeing her grandma's eyebrow raising, Webby put her hand over Louie's mouth and intervened.

"Granny, we were wondering if we can go down by the boardwalk for a little bit. That's all." She said.

"Well, let's see. What time is it? 4:30? Your uncle should be home by 6:30 at the latest. Get back here by 6:15 at the most." Beakley replied.

"Oh, thank you Granny! We'll be back as soon as possible! Come on, guys!" She dragged them all along out the front door. The boredom was cured!