11

~All alone you count the hours
Right where you belong
Welcome home~

I pulled away from him, a confused look played on my face. "Why did you do that?"

He sighed and then looked into my eyes "I love you (y/n)."

"Wha-"

~~

I sat up in the bed immediately, it had only been a dream; a very strange one at that.

A new day had arrived and Johannes still hadn't returned.

Why does he want to keep me here? For some reason, me wanting to go home had really upset him.

The day went on as usual as I did what I always did, pace the room and stare out at the ocean through the window.

While I was staring out the window I saw a boat heading towards the island. When the boat had made it to shore, I saw a man get off. It wasn't Johannes, that meant this was my chance to get off the island!

I started shouting from the top of the tower to get the mans attention.

He didn't say anything back he just raised a finger and hurried towards the castle.

A few moments later I heard the door unlock... With a key. Why did this man have a key?

"Hello." The man greeted.

"Who are you?"

"Oh, I'm John. Johannes sent me to come check on you and bring you some more food. Here." He handed me a basket with apples and other fruits inside.

"Where is Johannes?" I asked him.

"Uh, I'm not sure miss. He told me where you were and asked me to bring you some food. Johannes is a good friend so of course, I did this no questions asked."

Hm...

"Well thank you sir, but do you think you could take me back to Avatar country? Johannes promised that he'd send someone for me and take me back to see my family."

"Oh... Did he?"

"Yes sir, he did." I hope he's convinced.

"Well, alright miss. Let's go."

I followed John out of the tower and had to try and conceal all of my happiness. Locked away in that tower for so long, I wanted to cry tears of joy; I was finally free.