Chapter Thirteen

Longest chapter yet, slightly edited :) If you want a spoiler about the story, comment your question bellow x

C H A P T E R   T H I R T E E N 

"You can't back out now," I sing happily as we walk towards the grand house glowing with lights and soft music. I'd told Nathan we'd be going on an epic adventure and that he needed to wear a tux for this adventure attire. I don't think he caught onto the whole party concept until we'd arrived in front of the hosts' party house.

He asked, I hinted, but they were very lose hints. Nathan is pretty social, I'm sure he's going to be amazing in this party setting. I also think he's going to have more experience than Alex and I put together.

"Who is this person?" he asks.

"Roza Volkov," I say, "I think she's a model too." I hadn't heard much about Roza Volkov, I wasn't too big with names and people involved in the fashion side of the world, but her name rings a small bell in the back of my mind. When I'd been asked to come, I accepted because I really didn't have any plausible excuses to say no.

"Volkov Designs?" he questions.

"Not sure, I just know she wasn't gutsy enough to ask me herself," I reply.

"Assuming its Volkov Design's heiress, you're pretty special to be invited to this party. A while back Roza's friend Taliyah tried to get with one of the members in Alex's band and he had to ship shape up pretty quickly to impress Roza before she'd even consider an invite for him. And you, straight off the bad, well done." He slow claps.

For the second time today, I feel incredibly nauseous about attending this party. After ending the call with Mom and Hannah, I'd managed to talk myself into coming here and now hearing about this all, I really don't want to screw up my first impression with her. I know walking away is going to look ten times worst, but if you think about the horrible outcomes, pretending to be sick with the flu seemed pretty good right now.

"Compliment her appearance, her house and then something else and you'll be fine," Nathan reassures me.

"I feel like I could just puke."

"Save that for later." He chuckles. "We'll stay for a couple of hours and then escape to mine?"

"Sounds perfect."

I link my arm through his as we walk through the open front door. My eyes immediately start to scan the environment hungrily. The house is styled in a bright crème palate with golden accessories sparkling to create an expensive luxurious look.

By the open stair case, my eyes catch a tall stunning woman with a flowing white dress on with a thigh high split in the dress. It's simple, eloquent and is styled with chunky jewellery accessories dangling from her ears and neck. As she turns her head to smile, her cheeks compliment the distinct jaw lines. She flips a strand of golden brown hair over her shoulder before her light blue eyes connect with mine.

Her whole face lights up with excitement, and she doesn't try to contain it either. With screams of joy, Roza Volkov dashes over to me and grabs me in a death crushing hug.

"You're actually here and standing in my house." Nathan is suddenly pushed into the background and I'm being tugged away into the spot light of her affection.

"Thanks for having me at your house, I love your dress, it's stunning," I'm quick to compliment.

"Dad designed it just for me. I love your dress too. So plain, but refined. And that masked." She smiles.

Roza leads me deeper into her house, to the point where I feel like it might swallow me whole, but as we move through halls and rooms, we appear in the backyard which has been carefully designed to complement a social gathering point from the location of the bar, wide seating arrangement and subtle glow of lights neatly placed around.