Third time's a charm

Start from the beginning

Taehyung actually got slightly excited when he heard the news that Jungkook had decided to take up the drama and be the director. Taehyung thought that he was finally going to get his questions answered. He really wanted to know what he had done to make Jungkook dislike him, he needed to know... so he could fix this, whatever this was, because it was driving him a bit crazy.

This was their third time working together.

The first time they worked together, Jungkook was still a university student. He was an intern, but the director seemed to really like him and he made sure to introduce the young boy to everyone on set, including the actors, even the hot-shots.

Taehyung would never forget the first time he saw Jungkook. He looked like a little, lost and maybe even frightened animal. He hesitantly shook hands and gave wavering smiles, he looked very nervous.

But Jungkook's big, doe eyes were filled with wonder and they actually sparkled, Taehyung could see the passion in the younger's eyes, he definitely had a bright future ahead of himself.

Taehyung was thrilled to finally say 'Hello!' and when he saw that the director with Jungkook by his side, was finally approaching, Taehyung instantly grinned with the might to greet Jungkook and that's... when it all began.

The second Jungkook faced him, the boy's expression changed drastically, his shining eyes now looked panicked and he almost whispered his greeting before he practically ran away.

Taehyung was left confused, but he thought that maybe Jungkook had something to do, maybe he had somewhere to go, so he didn't pay much attention to their first meeting, but sadly they didn't get the chance to interact much later on, because Taehyung didn't have many scenes and he rarely saw Jungkook.

Taehyung played the younger brother of the female protagonist, the drama was a family one, it was one of Taehyung's first projects after the military and that role was more than enough for him at the time, since he wanted to spend some quality time with his family.

The second time they worked together, Jungkook was an assistant-director and Taehyung was one of the main characters. However, he was the antagonist in the story – he played a cruel serial killer who mercilessly murdered his victims in dark alleys late at night. The drama revolved around Taehyung's wrong doings and detective Hwang's pursue of the criminal. 

In the end, Taehyung's character – Kang Mookyul, was never caught, because he was a way too smart and managed to cover up his crimes. The most breath-taking and heart-stopping moment was the scene during which detective Hwang was questioning Mookyul at the police station, because he had been captured by a severance camera near one of the crime scenes. It was just a questioning, but detective Hwang's intuition was like no other and he was convinced that he had finally caught the culprit. However, due to lack of evidence Mookyul was released, but not without giving detective Hwang a wicked smirk before leaving the police station.

Taehyung made it super big after that, that role was his winning ticket, because it secured him his spot at the big scene once again. Everyone was amazed by his performance, he was told that he had portrayed the cold-blooded killer very well and that chills ran through everyone's spines while he was on the screen, all viewers claimed they were on the edge from the beginning to the end. Taehyung's delivery of the character was a masterpiece.