Chapter One

*Your bedroom ↑↑*

(Y/n's P.O.V.)

It's been about three months since Ray left for Washington D.C. and I miss him like crazy. I don't have anyone to talk to anymore. The last time I had a best friend that wasn't Ray or his boyfriend was in fifth grade.

"Y/n! Wake up!" My step dad called up the stairs. I groaned and rolled out of bed and onto the floor with a resounding thud.

"I'm up dad!" I called back, forcing myself to roll over and sit up. I grab my phone and check the time. I sigh, seeing that it's only six in the morning. I curse my dad for making me an early riser.

I stand up just to sit on the edge of my bed, staring out of the glass door and onto the balcony. I sigh as I watch the squirrels skitter past. I get off my bed again and wander over to my dresser where I pull out some clothes and shut my curtains.

I hook my phone up to my speaker shuffle my playlist. I dance around and sing along as You're Gonna Go Far, Kid by The Offspring blares through the room. When I'm finished changing, I open the curtains and walk out to sit on the balcony.

I stare down at the lawn as I watch my step dad cut the grass. We have a pretty big house, but we do all the work around it, my mom taught us the importance of hard work and integrity. I breathe in the fresh spring air and smile slightly.

I move back into the room and turn off the music, grabbing my phone and running downstairs to eat something. My step mom smiles at me as I stuff the pancakes into my mouth.

"Good morning sweetheart." My mom kisses the top of my head and I swallow before shooting her a smile back.

"Morning Mom. How was work last night?" She sits down next to me at the island.

"It was okay." She shrugs. I wolf down the rest of my breakfast and hurry back up the stairs to brush my teeth.

When I'm finished with everything I bolt down the stairs, realizing that I'm going to be late if I stay any longer. "Bye mom. Love you! Bye dad!" I wave goodbye to my dad as I run out of the driveway.

I have a car, but I prefer to walk. It's always so nice outside, and I don't want to waste a nice day driving around when I have legs of my own.

I smile as I watch all the small animals jump from tree to tree. The only things that I will stop my world for are my family and animals.

I arrive at the front of Waverider High in no time and walk in the doors. My mood immediately changed from happy to 'don't fucking talk to me' and I start to realize maybe that's why I don't have friends.

People continue on with their conversations and don't even pay me a second glance. I walk through the halls until I find my first block class. Great. Eighty minutes of mind numbingly boring math.

I manage to make it through the day without biting someone's head off or having a meltdown. The only real joy I get from my A days is showing up the guys in my gym class.

After school I look through the crowd of people, trying to find an escape route. I'm looking for a way out until my eyes meet the brown eyes of my older brother and my smile brightens by a million watts. He smiles back and beckons me over.

I start running through the crowd, shoving my way past everyone until people get the idea and moved out of the way. The crowd split, everyone knew not to mess with me. I was within hugging distance of my brother, so I jumped at him. He wrapped his arms around my back and spun me around. "Ray!" I hugged him tightly and smiled like an idiot.