I sighed and wiped my face.

He was right and I knew it.

I needed, I wanted to talk to him about it, but the fact was, I was embarrassed.

I felt so stupid that I had let Luke in and he had done this to me.

I was just starting to open up to him, finally let my heart open again and he has shoved it all back in my face, humiliating me.

I felt like a complete and utter moron.

And now I was lying on my bed with a broken heart, yet again.

Slowly, I got up and moved towards the door, wiping my face with the back of my hand.

I opened the door to see Ashton standing there, arms open with a sad smile on his face and a block of chocolate in his hand.

“C’mere.” He said as I stepped into his arms and pulled him inside, shutting the door behind him.

And that is why he was reserved the role of best friend.

He knew me so well. Ever since college, he knew me so well that he knew exactly what to do in any situation.

He really was the best.

I sniffled on his shoulder as we sat down on the bed and he pulled back to look at me.

“Oh Harry, what’s happened?” He asked.

I gulped and looked down, pulling he crinkled piece of paper from my pocket and giving it to him.

But I refused to cry again.

I didn’t want to waste more tears over him, even thought I knew there were floods more waiting to pour out.

I held it together as he read.

“What a dick.” Ashton said once he was done, looking up at me with a very surprised face. “This is so horrible. What the fuck?”

I chuckled a little at his outburst. “I know,” I said. “I found it on my dressing table after work today.”

“And he left it there?” Ashton asked, still looking at the paper.

“Yeah.” I replied. “I mean, I think so. He was there, and then all of a sudden he wasn’t but this note was, so, uh, yeah, I guess.”

Ashton nodded to himself.

“This is so weird.” He commented. “He seemed so nice all those times Cal and I double dated with you guys.”

“Yeah,” I scoffed. “I thought he was…”

“Eh,” Ashton shrugged. “You’re better off without him anyway.”

I smiled and wiped my nose.

“Really.” He continued. “You are. You’re gonna find a nice guy one day and live happily ever after.”

I shoved his shoulder playfully at his sappy remark but hugged him all the same.

He really was my best friend and I loved him for always being there for me.

“I mean it.” He finished as I put my head on his shoulder.

“Thank you.” I replied. “Now gimme some chocolate.”

Ash laughed and handed me the block as I scooted back and leant against the bed. Ash did the same and I grabbed my laptop, opening it and finding a film to watch.

“What are we watching?” Ashton asked me with a grin.

“Disney? Please?” I replied. “I’m really in the mood for a cute film.”